opening when

STiBoarder

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I just checked the webcam and it definately looks like they are blowing snow but on the bottom of the six pack?

blue gets retarded temperature inversions all the time. if they can start blowing snow down at the bottom but not at the top yet, why not? that will just get the lower portion of the mountain open soon to give us top to bottom riding. you can't tell from the webcam where else they are blowing, so it might be all over the mountain.

Oh yeah... I forgot about that.

Uh I don't think he was saying that it wasn't successful I think that he was saying it wasn't what BC promoted it to be. I'm pretty sure that the snow gods don't care about a bonfire. Bras, panties and flaming ski equipment are what count damnit.

my point exactly. plus it wasnt early season stoke, this was late december/ january if im not mistaken...

blues temp inversions are pretty neat though. its nice to see all the areas blowing tonight on the cams. lets hope it stays.

Just rolled past Blue for the late night checkup. Blowing on tubing, half of main street, midway into main, and it looked like some runs up top, probably Vista, Easy Out, and Come Around. Also had the fan gun at the bottom of the six pack runnin'. Stoked...

Edited by T*Maki

I was up there yesterday afternoon getting my pass picture and I was pumped when I saw just how much snow they had made. I had my gear in the car and asked an employee if I could hike it but he told me that they were about to roll through with a groomer and hiking isn't allowed, bummer. But anyway, the ladies in the office said that from what they have been told, they won't be opening anytime before Dec. 7th. After I got my picture and checked out the snow, I went down below and checked it out from the base. It was weird but they blew snow in one of the tubinh lanes. From below Midway looked really nice. One more thing, the new trail looked like it might be good to go because it looked like they had the stuff on it that you put down to grow grass, and it looked like it opened up perfectly on to paradise. I don't know about you guys, But for me...THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN!!!!! :rolleyes:

I was up there yesterday afternoon getting my pass picture and I was pumped when I saw just how much snow they had made. I had my gear in the car and asked an employee if I could hike it but he told me that they were about to roll through with a groomer and hiking isn't allowed, bummer. But anyway, the ladies in the office said that from what they have been told, they won't be opening anytime before Dec. 7th. After I got my picture and checked out the snow, I went down below and checked it out from the base. It was weird but they blew snow in one of the tubinh lanes. From below Midway looked really nice. One more thing, the new trail looked like it might be good to go because it looked like they had the stuff on it that you put down to grow grass, and it looked like it opened up perfectly on to paradise. I don't know about you guys, But for me...THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN!!!!! :rolleyes:

Did they have snow guns on the new trail?

"Time to dust off your gear and get ready to go! Blue Mountain's projected opening day is December 7th. The snowmakers were able to start making snow on the trails over the weekend, the weather looks good for this weekend also. We need the weather to cooperate with us, so do your snow dance to help keep the cold around."

At my last job I missed my 4th day when we got 8 inches of fresh. I called them while in the lift line for the quad, they asked if I was skiing and I said no then they asked me what that noise was in the background. I said ok so I am skiing but they were cool with it.