Nice perk for unlimited pass holders

RidgeRacer

From the latest JFBB email....

"JFBB Unlimited Season Pass Holders come get First Tracks every Saturday at Jack Frost 7:30am. Come "Ski/Ride with the Big Guns". Every Saturday the lifts will open for all Unlimited Season Pass Holders at 7:30am and you will have the opportunity to ski or ride with upper management and get First Tracks! Don't be left out in the cold come experience the best snow and grooming in the Poconos."

I'm not an early bird, but this is pretty cool for pass holders who are.

The email says it is for unlimited season pass holders - but the website says the 7:30 ski is for VIP pass holders only - $100 more than the adult unlimited (although you get to forgo getting the ticket and just use your pass for the lifts). Wonder which one is correct? I don't think the unwashed unlimited holders would get to ski at 7:30 with 'top management' as the email says.

Yeah it makes absolutely no sense. You have to get a lift ticket, for free, by showing your season pass. That is of course unless you shell out and extra $100 to avoid this.

so, what does that 100 dollars do for you?

its not like employees on the hill know that you paid extra, so if they ask for a ticket and you dont have one but paid 100 extra what happens?

so, what does that 100 dollars do for you?

its not like employees on the hill know that you paid extra, so if they ask for a ticket and you dont have one but paid 100 extra what happens?

You get a different looking pass if you get the VIP one. If you don't get a validation with your regular pass my guess is they make you go and get one?

On both days I skied BB not one person asked to see my ticket, it wasn't in plain sight either. Most of the lifties don't even care....

so the only reason they dont make VIP pass holders validate their passes is because the ticket window isnt even open at 730 am on sunday morning.

so you pay an extra 100 dollars to ski half an hour early, one day a week.

i still think the whole validation thing is stupid. its such a waste of paper to print tickets.

Edited by shadows

You get a different looking pass if you get the VIP one. If you don't get a validation with your regular pass my guess is they make you go and get one?

On both days I skied BB not one person asked to see my ticket, it wasn't in plain sight either. Most of the lifties don't even care....

what if you refuse?

and jim is out there pretty often, he checks a lot of tickets.

what if you refuse?

and jim is out there pretty often, he checks a lot of tickets.

Well then...I really don't have an answer to that. I don't think "refusing" to get your pass validated is an option. It might trigger a violent blood bath, just MAYBE though.

Edited by Justin

Can't you just go there everyday and get a ticket and sell it. or do they watch you put it on your jacket...Having to get a daily ticket if you're a season passholder is wacker than Dairy Queen eliminating "The Blizzard"...wacker than Clay Aiken becoming a gangstah rapper...one of the benfits of having a season pass is going right to the lift. JF/BB may have some of the sickest short runs in the area but they are a major inconvenience for passholders.

Great Idea...if you bought a season pass and scalped the ticket every day you could bring in over $1,500. That could be a good part time job for some of you young guys who are always mentioning how broke you are.

There is a serious problem with it though, every time I'm up there I see a few kids busted. Although in the parking lot I get approached to buy lift tickets off me about as often as I did at mountain creek. At creek though you didn't get lift tickets you had a card so they couldn't get it, doesn't giving pass holders regular tickets make it MORE likely they will get sold in the lot? I never sell mine, but a lot of people ask.

Not many mountains "restrict" access like Blue does. I think it's an interesting idea, and seems to work well. Keeps things moving in liftlines instead of checking for passes, and people don't have to fumble around for their passes, etc. I keep mine tucked up under my jacket, and would hate to have to whip it out on every lift ride. JFBB on the other hand, has the worst season pass holder ticket idea.

I think it works at Blue because of the shape of the mountain itself. Besides the base area and the access point at the upper lodge, the snow really isn't readily accessible. At any other mountain they would have to put up a huge amount of fencing and/or walls to keep people from just walking to the snow. It probably wouldn't be too cost effective, and it would look terrible.

JFBB does definitely have the worst system of all. I have a clear pocket in my jacket to hold the season pass card, I don't want all these damn tickets hanging around on me. Between waiting in line to get one, and cutting it off I lost 10 minutes a day to it. Its only 10 minutes a day, but it adds up, and what is the point? If they are going to check at the lift line every time you get on anyway why check at guest services also? So they can look at your picture? Guess what, if I wanted to I could use my season pass, and cut the wicket in the parking lot and sell it to some kid - its even worse than just passing the season pass among a few people. Before I had to trust the person I was giving it to so I could get it back, now I can sell it to any loser who wants to poach. It is a stupid system with no obvious benefits.

agreed. That is my only complaint against BB. The season pass ticket validation window is always jammed with people just buying daily passes. There is a window that technically you should be able to get it done without having to walk in, but they never open it. I try to put all our stuff down right across from the door so I can keep an eye on it. It is definitely an extra hassle.

agreed. That is my only complaint against BB. The season pass ticket validation window is always jammed with people just buying daily passes. There is a window that technically you should be able to get it done without having to walk in, but they never open it. I try to put all our stuff down right across from the door so I can keep an eye on it. It is definitely an extra hassle.

It's a shame they can't upgrade the whole family for $100. It would be totally worth it. But to spend an extra $400 for a family of 4 is a little much. That could cover a dozen happy hours at the Rock Bar.

Edited by poconoceancity