New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

4 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

they'd be a great blue mtn daily driver, i'd think. narrow enough to carve a turn, wide enough with some rocker to be decent in soft snow/crud, and not super stiff. for all the reasons doug @GrilledSteezeSandwich doesn't like them, i think a lot of people might.

Lighter skiers who aren’t used to being on mantras and kastles and stiff race skis would like them I just thought over 50mph they were squirreley sort of like when I tried Matt edge Rossi 88s...I liked those skis when I was hopping between the people on lazy mile felt like slalom skis but for wide open early runs..gross..swapped back to my skis so fast 

7 hours ago, Justo8484 said:

didn't realize you had a 27.5 boot, @GrilledSteezeSandwich. Coulda sworn you were a 28.5 like @toast21602. Vantage sounds like a fun ski, but I'm probably lowest on the list of people who need/deserve it except for maaaybe @Johnny Law. Speaking of which, I'd be very curious to ski the black crows; I assume you have em mounted for a 28.5 though?

I do indeed though I'm actually a 27.5 my feet are weird and my sloth like nature is all about comfort. 

Quick skis though again most of my stuff is longer radius. Very very stiff tails that at low speeds can get caught in the train tracks type feeling. Really want a forward sort of stance and to be driven, shovels are at least a little softer than the tails. Very stable, super damp bordering on too damp but super predictable ski which is what I gather makes people super into them. They are super fun but the snow was so good Monday a 2x4 would have worked so I'm not yet sure about the edge hold with them being flat and they are very light,  almost head kore kinda light.

I want a pair of dps 124 lotus next but those I'll put demos on so lots and lots of people can ride them as I'm probably not lucky enough to need pow boards like that regularly.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I have no idea how to change the binding to fit me booties though 🤷🏻‍♂️

you gotta bring a tool called a file and shave off a bit of the toe/heel lip of your boot where it clips into the binding. it's pretty straightforward. 

that's if the boot is too big. if it's too small you can always just screw the lips into the ski directly.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Benm said:

you gotta bring a tool called a file and shave off a bit of the toe/heel lip of your boot where it clips into the binding. it's pretty straightforward. 

Thanks, solid advice BenM. I'll be sure to collect all the boot shavings and put them in a baggie for when I'm ready to gorilla glue them back on my boots 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

I supposed Mantras may be too stiff...

@GrilledSteezeSandwich could I demo your Atomic Vantage skis this Saturday? I'll pay you in Captain Wafers and/or Yoohoos etc.

I have no idea how to change the binding to fit me booties though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes what’s your boot sole length?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks!! It says 265 near the heel so I guess that's the sole length.

It also says 307mm near the front part 🤷‍♂️

20210209_123825.thumb.jpg.ad3c8a1fa308c6d1d96714fcef887b96.jpg

It’s not gonna fit and those skis are super dry from not being used for two years.  I honestly don’t think you should be on 186s

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s not gonna fit and those skis are super dry from not being used for two years.  I honestly don’t think you should be on 186s

Ok, thanks for the offer. I'll try demoing at Blue the True, maybe on a weekday.

My friend Matt has 177 length Nordica Enforcer 93s and he says they're grate. He's around the same height and build as me though I think he's 10-15 pounds heavier

• Like 1

Just now, saltyant said:

Ok, thanks for the offer. I'll try demoing at Blue the True, maybe on a weekday.

My friend Matt has 177 length Nordica Enforcer 93s and he says they're grate. He's around the same height and build as me though I think he's 10-15 pounds heavier

I think JFDan has the nordica enforcers but wider.  Ask him about them. 

• Boner City 1

2 hours ago, Benm said:

that's if the boot is too big. if it's too small you can always just screw the lips into the ski directly.

this is actually perfect advice for someone who makes a joke of any actual advice that people give him.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2