New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

this is actually perfect advice for someone who makes a joke of any actual advice that people give him.

It was grate but I actually do listen to everyone's advice. I'm going to places you suggested in Utah, I went to Whiteface on Ridge's suggestion, and I bought a season pass at Blue Mountain because everyone said it was grate. Im going to John Paul Jones because someone suggested it's a groovy place to hang out. The only thing I didn't listen to was buying RTMs which were 7 cm longer than mine because I got a terrific deal on them 

💁‍♂️

Edited by saltyant

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

It was grate but I actually do listen to everyone's advice. I'm going to places you suggested in Utah, I went to Whiteface on Ridge's suggestion, and I bought a season pass at Blue Mountain because everyone said it was grate. Im going to John Paul Jones because someone suggested it's a groovy place to hang out. The only thing I didn't listen to was buying RTMs which were 7 cm longer than mine because I got a terrific deal on them 

💁‍♂️

Why'd you change your reaction?

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s not gonna fit and those skis are super dry from not being used for two years.  I honestly don’t think you should be on 186s

won't disagree about dry bases, but if you're a 27.5 boot and he's a 26.5, unless those bindings were mounted on the short side for your boots, they'll adjust down to a 26.5 in 2 minutes. also, @saltyant is like the same height as me, probably a bit heavier. 186 in a softer, rockered ski is perfectly fine. the vantage skis shorter than the listed length, for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Benm said:

is the fake rock a speaker or a light?

Light. I think the wife bought it. Candy canes are still out because the wife turns them together to form “hearts” for Valentine’s Day because she’s so clever, lol. Porch post desperately needs the strip job finished and repainted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justo8484 said:

what'd ya get? can't show a box without an accompanying unboxing photo!

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Rossignol Soul 7 - I think

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Are those the ones you were talking about in the lot yesterday?....If you haven't got binders yet EVO has SPX12 on sale for $130 if you are into them...

Soul 7s is correct. 180 length, going up 8 cm over my current ski. 

Picked up Tyrolia SX10 binding for them. Probably take them up to Blue to get mounted tomorrow after work. Post pic when I get ‘em back

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

did you use a chisel to make those holes? a brand new ski with a half sharp drill bit should not chew up the topsheet like that. so either liberty's construction is still shit, or...

You're probably talking about glue blobs?

15 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to having bindings mounted fore or aft of the "sweet spot" as it is listed on the ski?

Asking cause I don't know shit about this and want to get some bindings mounted soon....

Yes, all depends upon what/how you might use the skis.
The mark on the ski is where the manufacturer believes the boot mark should align, but it's not necessarily what/where everyone would want.

When I got my mogul skis, I spoke with the people at Hart and they gave me an entire procedure as to finding the optimum boot placements which was quite different from the mark on the ski.

Some may want the ball of the foot nearer to the center of the ski, while others may want the center of the boot there.

I'm sure @Justo8484@GSSucks @Johnny Law probably have far more to add...

Edited by indiggio