New Purchases... What did you buy so far

phillycore

On 11/18/2021 at 8:19 AM, toast21602 said:

No but if you se something decent let me know or pick it up and I'll pay you. I'm not sure what I'm looking for when it comes to this stuff. I just know I liked the little set-up that you had.

If I were going to replace that setup I would probably go a tad beefier with something like this:

https://www.nextadventure.net/rossignol-bc-65-positrack-skis-with-bc-auto-bindings-2022.html

https://www.nextadventure.net/alpina-traverse-backcountry-xc-ski-boots-nnnbc.html

metal edge w/ NNN BC still fits and quick in the track with a little more control on the down

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
[mention=3285]indiggio[/mention] [mention=3245]tarponhead[/mention] @bumpheadlurkers 
any body looking for a cheap pair of bump skis?
https://www.sierra.com/faction-skis-2018and19-mogul-alpine-skis~p~48max/?merch=prod-sim-prod48MAX

Is it just in my head that I should be on something longer than 172, even for a bump ski? That seems brutally short for me at 6’1” tall, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

Is it just in my head that I should be on something longer than 172, even for a bump ski? That seems brutally short for me at 6’1” tall, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uh yea they'd be a little short for you lol, or my fat ass for that matter. I think mogul skis top out at around 180

my SL skis are 165's...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this really counts as new gear but.....I scored a Mavic Mini....Absolutely hate the noise they make but some of the shots I've seen are pretty cool....Figured it would be good for the gravel rides/bikepacking or some of the cross country skiing/splitboarding (if we ever get some natural cover)....

20211230_171109.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

32 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Don't know if this really counts as new gear but.....I scored a Mavic Mini....Absolutely hate the noise they make but some of the shots I've seen are pretty cool....Figured it would be good for the gravel rides/bikepacking or some of the cross country skiing/splitboarding (if we ever get some natural cover)....

20211230_171109.jpg

Can't wait for this thing to come out! Super cool. 

• 5 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

Metal edges? Nordic touring set up if you will? 

No these are definitely more of a classic nordic touring than nordic backcountry. Should be good to shuffle around on "trails" and parks around here but I would love to get them on groomed trail and in-track sometime to really use them. 59/51/55 sidecut so more of a cross between classic and skate skis.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Abom heated goggles are on clearance...

TFTI. I wonder if these actually prevent fogging? During Stowe I was seriously pissed off at how frequently my goggles fogged especially after riding the gondola

Edited by saltyant