Jack Frost - 1-17 PASR Day

RidgeRacer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.............. back to regularly scheduled programming

No astronaut sightings?

Speed gun is awesome. Sure you made that redcoat's day.

Sounds like a fun day. I hope to be there next Saturday.

Nope....no astronauts at jf but ya the ski patrollers love the radar gun...it wouldn't even register their speed because you have to be going over 10mph.

ThinkSnow Greg is one of my biggest groupies..

I'm a Doug groupie about 30% of the time, and the other 70 I wish I could kick him in the face, but the 30% is worth it.

I agree, but I doubt it unfortunately.

BTW... It was nice meeting you Greg and thanks for not selling this place :D

Was good meeting you too. I'm glad things went the way they went and I held onto it. I had a ton of fun yesterday.

I think my parents and most of my longtime friends would agree with you there..Do they often let Floyds bump up??? It's a good pitch for some moguls..

Last year they let it bump up pretty good and it was awesome. For whatever reason they groomed it out in like late January early Feb and that was it for the bumps on Floyds for the season. They did get icy a lot though maybe that's why they groomed it out.

Bumped up Floyd's Folly...

gallery_264_208_146758.jpg

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

So tell us, Toast.

WHY is it a no-no ??

Camping out on a feature or a landing is bad because it can cause avoidable collisions.

But, don't tell me that hitting a lip with both speed and and an ollie is a "no-no" because it's not cool or some people don't approve.

You better have a LEGITMATE reason if you are going to publicly complain and criticize.

its probably a bad idea to do that because someone could be going to hit the feature and you could cut them off or collide with them and seriously injure yourself or the other person. that and people arent expecting someone to go mach 7 off a lip to do a jump. youre Also endangering the people who are trying to avoid the features by skiing around them and not using the lip as a jump. i've seen people get taken out before because someone used a lip as a jump and took them out. i'm not trying to start anything i'm just giving you my 2 cents on why its a no no

It was probably around 9:30 that you saw me (when I was booting up?) But ya, dark blue bmw w/ a roof rack rocking the K2 PE's and Atomic SL:12s :lol:

930? it was more like 830

its probably a bad idea to do that because someone could be going to hit the feature and you could cut them off or collide with them and seriously injure yourself or the other person. that and people arent expecting someone to go mach 7 off a lip to do a jump. youre Also endangering the people who are trying to avoid the features by skiing around them and not using the lip as a jump. i've seen people get taken out before because someone used a lip as a jump and took them out. i'm not trying to start anything i'm just giving you my 2 cents on why its a no no

930? it was more like 830

ya i meant 830

we'll do it sometime in February. How about the 7th or 14th of Feb?

Oh please let it be Valentine's Day!! What could be more romantic than hanging out with PASRs?

Anyway...Toast, I think Saturdays work better for people, but I'd be down for a Sunday if there was enough interest.

No... no... Saturday is always better .

I'm a Doug groupie about 30% of the time, and the other 70 I wish I could kick him in the face, but the 30% is worth it.

I think everyone who knows Doug feels that way.

Floyds was 'ungroomed' on Friday - It had bumps, but one major shortcoming of JF is they don't seed the bumps. They let them develop 'naturally' and with snowboarders and different length skis, snow plow skiers and boarders, they never have any rhythm to them. The bumps on the downhill left of Exhibition (if you happened to see them) are usually what happens at JF

Last year they let it bump up pretty good and it was awesome. For whatever reason they groomed it out in like late January early Feb and that was it for the bumps on Floyds for the season. They did get icy a lot though maybe that's why they groomed it out.

Bumped up Floyd's Folly...

gallery_264_208_146758.jpg

they look sweet there...

i was bummed i couldn't make it to JF. Last time i was there was '86, 20+ years ago. my first "real" job out of college i worked for an architect in forked river nj. he was a pretty shrewd business man and offered everyone the choice of staying and skiing free at at his house at JF or getting paid for the week between christmas and new years. we were all a bunch of young skiers and partiers so we went for the skiing and had a blast. i got chased off the mt earning turns with a wood burton board. i always wonder if he still has the place - i only worked there that year and lost touch. any JF peeps ever see a one legged skier up there? he lost his leg in cycle accident but could ski as fast as any of us back then....

Or maybe do a Barney's Bumps thing and have half groomed and half bumped.

No bumps. Exhibition is a nice wide trail and probably has the most consisitant pitch. The right side is a little steeper. The left side provides a nice consistant pitch for carving turns. The snow on the left side also seems to stay softer, since it gets a little more sun. They occasionally have done half bumps/ grooming on Floyds.

... JF peeps ever see a one legged skier up there? he lost his leg in cycle accident but could ski as fast as any of us back then....

I've seen him and he is a really good skier.

Oh shoot! I was looking for anyone with a PASR sticker on their helmet and didn't see anyone until the end of the day. I saw a sticker in the distance but by the time I stalked the person they were gone! LOL! I think it might have been Barb because I could have sworn she had a couple of kids with her. I need to learn to move faster on the flats.

I was there with my family and another family who was staying the weekend with us. We got a late start because of the weather. A bit too cold for my kiddos. We didn't roll into Frost until closer to noon, had lunch and then stayed until closing. I swear I'm going to start wearing a sign that says my log in name on it. I knew you guys were out there...somewhere. :)

Glad everyone had a blast. We had great conditions and enjoyed the whole weekend. Now the buzz kill for my kids - back to the weekday school routine.

Anyway, yesterday was lots of fun and I'd like to keep talking about it without locking this thread, any chance that's possible?

It's not going to be necessary to lock this thread.

I have no problem honoring requests ....

Just like I did when I avoided everyone at JF because you personally asked me not to physically confront Doug.

Just like when you asked to try to ignore the drama that other people start on here in the future.

The time off made me realize I've been arguing with children.

Edited by TT C6

For Gaper day..I'm going to cram my fatass into some tight stonewashed jeans..Yeah Ladies..I know you're excited..lol!!!

I'm really leaning towards the guy we saw at Blue. Sweatpants and a back purse. My wife only had one, and I though she was gonna bitch slap me when I mentioned taking it for gaper day. :screwy