Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Or just go to Vermont or Colorado then.

Do you ski now?

I will have my family with me. So the Pokes it is. Leaving from the Princeton area after Thanksgiving dinner and heading up. I board when I'm solo or with my 8 year old who boards. My 5 and 3 year olds are still on skis, so when their with me I ski.

You are really getting ahead of things.

I didn't say that it's guaranteed, but as Johnny Law will confirm, a pattern change is different then specific temps. Pattern changes are gradual and can be predicted fairly well using models. We won't be able to tell how cold or how long, but there is a pattern change that will bring cold air.

I'm skiing in the Pokes over Thanksgiving. Big Boulder will be open.

I like your thinking. if that is to happen, i will gladly open my wallet and treat you to overpriced beers at the bar.

Edit - Provided more than Freedom is open. If its just Freedom, i am not going anywhere near the place on Thanksgiving weekend.

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 1

Hopefully they have big boulder park trail open the week of thanksgiving.

The one year they opened super early on Nov. 9, all they had was Freedom, and they had to use the cold temps to keep resurfacing it. It wasn't until the day before Thanksgiving that they got a couple more trails open. They do have a helluva system for that small a mountain.

I like your thinking. if that is to happen, i will gladly open my wallet and treat you to overpriced beers at the bar.

Edit - Provided more than Freedom is open. If its just Freedom, i am not going anywhere near the place on Thanksgiving weekend.

Sounds good. If they have ten nights of temps in the 20s before Thanksgiving, which I think they will, they should have a handful of trails open.

Clouds will return again on Saturday though, with a chance of showers late in the day. Showers are likely overnight Saturday night, with the chance for a few snowflakes mixing in across the highest peaks of the mountains.

Sunday, it will be cooler, with the chance for some lingering showers in the morning. Otherwise we'll see a few breaks of sunshine but temperatures won't get out of the upper 40s and low 50s.

Next week it will be chilly with more rain showers, and possibly a few snow showers in the higher elevations from Monday night through Tuesday night.

From the local TV station's website.

Clouds will return again on Saturday though, with a chance of showers late in the day. Showers are likely overnight Saturday night, with the chance for a few snowflakes mixing in across the highest peaks of the mountains.

Sunday, it will be cooler, with the chance for some lingering showers in the morning. Otherwise we'll see a few breaks of sunshine but temperatures won't get out of the upper 40s and low 50s.

Next week it will be chilly with more rain showers, and possibly a few snow showers in the higher elevations from Monday night through Tuesday night.

From the local TV station's website.

When you heading up next? I'm hoping to get back up here the first/second week of November for some turns at K.

I'm hoping you kept a pair of boots to go early season, but then again, Killington is a hike from where you are...

All my gear is up there, I got 3 other pairs of boots. Yeah, that's a 2.5 hour drive, but if its the only game in town, I'd consider it. I'll settle for some frosted peaks.

All my gear is up there, I got 3 other pairs of boots. Yeah, that's a 2.5 hour drive, but if its the only game in town, I'd consider it. I'll settle for some frosted peaks.

From there it's probably equidistant from Sunday River. Depending on the window, SR may get t2b first like last year. Killington has the temps and elevation, but they tend to blast the north ridge area in case of unfavorable weather, whereas SR only has 2 trails off their midstation lift and had to go t2b faster in order to expand. Killington also stays open during the week once they open (conditions permitting of course), while SR will often be just weekends until mid November. Complete tossup, but it's nice to have options.

WTF...it's 36F outside...too cold for October.

No complaining about the cold. Wear a sweater vest and suck it up.

as of about a month or so ago, yes.

How's that new job working out? A better question would be how's the new job gonna work out for skiing?