Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

You're absolutely right ridge. I think we're heading up Thursday of teachers convention to go out to lunch, grab our passes and then head south to Bucks county to visit my in laws. Are you using utilizing the new exit?

More than I thought I would. The best part is access to the hickory run plaza.

im convinced there is something about a 70 mph speed limit that makes people actually follow the world "limit."  if it says 65 mph, people completely disregard it and do 90

I agree with this logic and have said the same thing for years lol. When they wanted to raise the speed limit to 70 people were complaining that it will only encourage people to go faster. I honestly disagree with that.

• Like 1

i think passholders only this weekend.  Beyond that, i think they are waiting for it to get cold again.  

Loveland Set To Open This Thursday!

For a second it felt like it might never come, but boy do things change quickly! With a storm system that brought us 17.5 inches of natural snow came the perfect conditions our snowmakers needed to finish up our opening day run. Loveland will open for the 2015/16 season at 9:00am on Thursday, October 29 with nearly 1,000 vertical feet of tree-to-tree, top-to-bottom coverage on Cat Walk, Mambo, and Home Run. Come celebrate the begining of the Colorado ski season with us!

We will continue snowmaking operations as we look to open more terrain. Follow our progress on Facebook or check out our snowmaking blog at the new skiloveland.com, and think snow!

• Like 3

I just took my skis in to get waxed today after I saw the email. They won't be ready till Tue. Anyway I am supposed to b hiking a 14er w a group in costumes Saturday. Forecast calling for a high of 23 and snow in Breck. Should b interesting.

• Like 2

i give a November opening in PA about a 3% chance.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, or the Danny downer, Negative Nathan etc.......i dont like to wish for things that arent going to come true.  

i'm ok with being wrong on this.  Like i said before, if we are skiing in November at Blue, i will bring the leftover Champ from last years end of season party.  

• Like 2

Prob pete Nestor's.

I'm worried because I feel like November openings lead to colder and longer seasons? Maybe NY over thanksgiving. I'm visiting my brother the 1st weekend in March. Whiteface the day after Easter.

November weather has no influence on the rest of the season. Realistically we don't have solid snowmaking temperatures until early December and often it warms up after the first arctic blast. Major snowfall is also uncommon before XMAS. January and February average almost double the snowfall as December. As long as its cold by about the 20th of November big boulder should have a bonk yard open for Root Friday!!! Last seasons November 22nd blue opening with solid coverage and I believe lazy mile opening day could be a once in a Lyfetime occurrence. Last winter was just so freaking cold.