Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Who's the new guy?

Its fucking hot out. Really hot. No interest in being outside whatsoever. 5 months till christmas.

Guitar dissed us the entire last ski season but now he's back. I've been outside five minutes total today and that's plenty. Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

J/K. But I am rocking a fleece in the house this morning. It's 56 degrees out and raining. A little chilly in July. It's a beautiful thing. Got up at 5 to let the dogs out, then went back to bed until 9. Windows open, hearing the rain and wind through the trees, all tucked in under a down comforter. JADIP

The Ski Diva asked me to do a guest write-up about Mammoth on her blog; it's mostly about traveling solo, but has some stuff about Mammoth.

http://www.theskidiva.com/women-roaming-solo-taking-a-ski-trip-alone/

I am super surprised that more females travel alone than males. I'm guessing you've travelled along a bunch. I'm guessing over half of the trips I've taken as an adult have been solo but I'm already by myself most of the time. Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

The Ski Diva asked me to do a guest write-up about Mammoth on her blog; it's mostly about traveling solo, but has some stuff about Mammoth.

http://www.theskidiva.com/women-roaming-solo-taking-a-ski-trip-alone/

nice stuff! nopoleskier and carverjill were just out there as well. did you run into them while you were out there?

• Like 1

nice stuff! nopoleskier and carverjill were just out there as well. did you run into them while you were out there?

Missed them by a couple of weeks. I skied with the fabulous nopoleskier last winter at Elk, though. I hope to meet CJ at the western Diva gathering if I can make it.

I am super surprised that more females travel alone than males. I'm guessing you've travelled along a bunch. I'm guessing over half of the trips I've taken as an adult have been solo but I'm already by myself most of the time.

Yeah, way more than half my travel is solo. As a single, socially-awkward Plain Jane who is also very old and loathes dating, I simply wouldn't be able to do most of the things I enjoy if I didn't go alone. But I don't regret it; the benefits in terms of confidence, competence, and heightened awareness are awesome. And I wasn't exaggerating about the people I met in Mammoth; they were universally warm, friendly, helpful, and fun. 

• Like 2

Missed them by a couple of weeks. I skied with the fabulous nopoleskier last winter at Elk, though. I hope to meet CJ at the western Diva gathering if I can make it.

gotcha. i def enjoy skiing with them. i was also at elk skiing with you all. my wife (tinymoose) couldn't make it for that trip unfortunately.

• Like 1

Yeah, way more than half my travel is solo. As a single, socially-awkward Plain Jane who is also very old and loathes dating, I simply wouldn't be able to do most of the things I enjoy if I didn't go alone. But I don't regret it; the benefits in terms of confidence, competence, and heightened awareness are awesome. And I wasn't exaggerating about the people I met in Mammoth; they were universally warm, friendly, helpful, and fun.

I'm still surprised that more solo travelers are females than males. The majority of people I know have never travelled alone before except perhaps for business. Even just going to a restaurant or bar many won't go alone. Recently my friend Ellen said to join her and her friends at broadway social in Bethlehem. When I arrived she asked me who I was with...ugh myself. I guess some people won't even meet a group of friends alone. When I had a season pass in dorney park in middle school it was sometimes hard for me to find kids to go with me, the same with skiing in middle school and early high school..so I'd just have my parents drop me off and once I could drive I really could do the things I like a lot. Way to get after it. I'm going to Europe solo next year. Previous trips to Europe were with my mom or with an ex so I'm excited to go alone

• Like 1

This might explain it. Seems to show that there are just more single women than men in most places. 

http://labs.time.com/story/see-the-ratio-of-single-men-to-women-where-you-live/

That's crazy likely because more men are incarcerated than women...women are less likely to die young as well...it's interesting as I know more boys are born than girls. I'm going to the wrong places sometimes karaoke night looks like the biggest sausage fest this side of Munich.