Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

These hurricanes sure are annoying, bringing up this warm humid weather.  I almost bought ice and bottled water, but remembered that the electricity is still running. Thanks, Irma, Jose and Maria for jackin up my electric bill this month. Yer gonna end up costing me an extra $100 this month and homeowner's doesn't cover that loss. :)

I see killi is doing the woman's WC again (through 2018). Very cool. Let's hope the weather gives them what's needed to start laying down the glacier come November.

I think it is an awesome opportunity for the East Coast, but from a pure skiing perspective, the Killington consumer is hurt, not helped by the World Cup. Although Solimano stated that the WC wouldn't alter their early season plans, and they brought up extra air compressors, they didn't have the water capacity. They opened a 1,500' vertical super wide trail with 5' of snow depth, but they only had 6 trails in the North Ridge area open to consumers by that same weekend. In a typical year without the WC, they would have had the whole 13 trail pod open and likely been back to the K-1 base.

The real downside was that Killington stated that they were lucky to break even on the event. Without alcohol, food, and increased lodging capacity, they would have lost significant funds. The largest benefactor was the other businesses on the access road, most of which like Killington for being there, but wish to limit is corporate success for their own benefit. Fortunately, Killington has been able to get some grant money from Vermont Ski Association and a few others this year to offset the cost and hopefully make some real $$$.

Regardless, I'll still be there shortly after they open. They currently offer the best early season offering in NE, even with the Stairway to Heaven. However, Bretton Woods and Wildcat are often able to offer a t2b run a day or two later due to a better climate. I'll just be glad to be back on the snow.

Last year we had to wait a long time for snow. Last week it was 90 and now the temps have dropped. Highs have been in the 50's/60's. Mountain snow last weekend and another round Wed into Thursday. Crested Butte due to get about 4". Silverton is the bullseye with a foot expected. Patrollers were skiing Silverton the other day. I'm pumped for a good winter!

• Like 5

Yes because the mayor promised it would be open in 2017...they just filled it Monday and are opening it next weekend for two days..what a waste.

Our mayor Wd Pawlowski goes to trial in January he's charged with 54 felonies and is facing a maximum of 700 years in jail.

People love taking jabs at him on Facebook and he always responds with little messages.post-512-0-98478000-1506534280_thumb.png