Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I've spent all afternoon analyzing my best options and I've decided it is going to be either Blue The True or Elk with the call being made while monitoring web cams and the weather through the night!  I'm thinking Elk given its significantly higher elevations and low popularity might be the nearby gem on this one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I've spent all afternoon analyzing my best options and I've decided it is going to be either Blue The True or Elk with the call being made while monitoring web cams and the weather through the night!  I'm thinking Elk given its significantly higher elevations and low popularity might be the nearby gem on this one.

Are you talking about tomorrow AM or Wednesday AM?  This is an exciting storm to watch because of the wrap around bands and uncertainty..I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some wind holds and power outages tomorrow..the ground is already pretty damp so trees will easily be uprooted by strong winds.   Storms like this are how my tree cutting friend makes the big bucks. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

48 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you talking about tomorrow AM or Wednesday AM?  This is an exciting storm to watch because of the wrap around bands and uncertainty..I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some wind holds and power outages tomorrow..the ground is already pretty damp so trees will easily be uprooted by strong winds.   Storms like this are how my tree cutting friend makes the big bucks. 

Plattekill is further by more than an hour for me but I know from history that when all the other Catskills were out of power they were up. But bring cash ! 

I have a friend that is planning on Elk for Wednesday not sure about Elk and wind? I’m sure some folks can comment. I still have a passes yet and hopefully will get to use them. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'm talking Tuesday AM riding the storm!  Elk is calling for 7" tonight and 7" continueing during the morning.  Wanna make it a date? :dance:

Snow on Elks webcam since this afternoon and still dumpin.  Blues looking like rain and snow eating fog 😞

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I'm talking Tuesday AM riding the storm!  Elk is calling for 7" tonight and 7" continueing during the morning.  Wanna make it a date? :dance:

Snow on Elks webcam since this afternoon and still dumpin.  Blues looking like rain and snow eating fog 😞

Grilled Steeze only skis at Blue and Jackson Hole.

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wrong 

Whoops, I forgot about your Colyrad-do trips. 

I checked your stats and the last time you skied at a different mountain within Pennsylvania, other than Blue Mountain, was over 12 years ago, in 2011 - with one small exception when you skied Camelback in April 2019, due to the True Mountain being closed.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Whoops, I forgot about your Colyrad-do trips. 

I checked your stats and the last time you skied at a different mountain within Pennsylvania, other than Blue Mountain, was over 12 years ago, in 2011 - with one small exception when you skied Camelback in April 2019, due to the True Mountain being closed.

2019 wasn’t that long ago and salty stop being a hater.  

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Even Johnny law was saying that Breck is the best place for Jerry’s.  Matt edge is going next month. 

I wonder if Matt Edge will rent some Castles for skiing at Breckenridge. I hear they're the best skis around.

So far Blue has just turned off the lights with barely a flurry.  Elk looks to be flurries but not at a rate that would be worth a visit yet...  Bellayre webcams have been getting nuked.....  

Edited by DiMe

I can see through the darkness Montage is also now getting pounded.  It was white out from exit 53 on I-80 until exit 19 then completely green all the way into Stroudsburg.  My decision has been made and I am leaving for Elk in a few min.  The snow that piled up there on the cam the past few hours is pretty dramatic.  Hope the rest of the PASR powder slooots get some fresh tracks this am!! :rock

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1