12/23...Windy

AtomicSkier

In preparation for our trip to JH, I skied with my friends Tom, Nic, and Oscar this morning. We got there right at opening and sampled a bit of everything. Challenge was probably the ROTD with smooth grippy (albeit, a bit firm) snow. You could really dig it in and trust it. Main Street bumps continue to be hard/icy, but awesome rhythm at the bottom. Nightmare to Dreamweaver wasn't too bad, either. The Nightmare headwall was surprisingly cookie free only having just opened, Dreamweaver had some chunks though. We did a run through sleep hallow and I managed to find a rock or two that came in contact with my edges, but nothing that a file won't fix.

We met up with JohnnyStyle around 9:30ish or so, and he skied with us. Late in the morning we finally saw MBike and MrsSnowbunski, so JStyle waited up for them to make some turns with the Mbike family. A lift line was starting to form when we left around 11am, and they weren't doing any VIP enforcement, unfortunately.

If the winds die down for tomorrow, should be a nice morning to ski!

windy for sure - good making a few turns with senor style. we saw ajeff alot from the lift or the hill but were totally out of sync. at one point the gusts on challenge just stopped you and felt like you were getting hit by a sandblaster, i almost lost a tooth to a flying cookie :blink: snow was nice everywhere, lazy to falls seemed like the run of the day. bumps ewere scratchy on main, tight but fun on challenge. long ass bump line - i came close to skiing it top to bottom but then skiid out with like 4 turns left :tinfoil: hopefully back up tommorow for a bit before the cooking crunch

craptastic day today at blue. got there at 10:30 and cut it short around 1. windy as fuck, snow was slow as hell. lower sidewinder was open and the mixer was set up today with a nice poppy lip, that was the highlight of my day. pretty much had to bomb from there if you wanted anything in lower park. come around wasn't too bad if you kept your flow up. skied challenge for the first time, snow was real grippy even for my skis. also skied the "glades" on the side of cum n loud which were pretty much untouched. guess the giant warning signs everywhere scares people off.

lines fucking blew. me and xnick lapped the vista chair a few times to escape. no lines there! they weren't running the quad and were doing absolutely nothing about the VIP line, really pissed me off. at one point of the day the VIP line was actually the longest line there. ill give them a pass today since they were really unorganized and it's the day before xmas eve but they better fucking start doing something about that. I felt like every dumb motherfucker was going into that line. half the time the sign wasn't even facing the right way. hate on me all you want but honestly not enforcing the VIP line is like taking a shit on the chest of us passholders. fix it.

looking like ill be up on sunday if I don't go to boulder for some jumps. skipping tomorrow for all day drinking. merry christmas.