First Gear Purchase for 2011/2012 Season

Ride Delaware ?

Quit clogging this site with one word replys...I'm outta here

5ick8ird, RRRRRRAACK IT.....I'm the best poker player in Allentown, Helloooooooo Everybody, I'm parking lot pimping at the BMDI, anyone wanna carpool?, Rajeev is my best friend, get your chit outta Robert 2's locker, I'll be getting steezy mc-cheesy at the white castle and sonic picking up the beezies, I want my free play back at the Sands, Anyone have any SSRB?, Hi 5 for stoke, You know you are one of my groupies, Doug Lyfe 24/7 Nah mean, I wanna be on a boat, I'm the best skier on PASR, I want to be on staff..., Fuck you guys I'm not posting on here ever again, I'll just post over on no shit zone, I'm going on a Diet for real this time.

How's that for starters?

• Like 6

DUB post.

i picked up a pair of the orange rossignol fks bindings the other day. should be arriving at my door step today. super stoked on them and to not prerelease on every landing. cant wait to mount them up to new skis in december.

If you take them to idiots they will fuck the forward pressure up.

where would you recommend i take them? i really dont want them to get messed up. im guessing you ride them.

I don't even know anymore all that is around is Buckmans, I have a pair of Fischer R4's with the older fks155 and Buckmans totally fucked the forward pressure. Rich Rieber might be your best bet, he at the very least knows what they are and how they work.

who is rich rieber? is he from salters? i am going to check at the tune shop at bear and see if they know how to do it. kevin thomas offered to check my forward pressure for me after they are mounted.

KT knows his shit that should be good, Rieber is the dude who used to do all the work at Pinnacle. He's a good tech and can mount 10 year old Diamir II's freehand.

i dont really like how buckmans sends their stuff out to be worked on so i wasnt going to take them there, plus it would probably be expensive. the only reason im considering it now though is if they screw it up their more likely to replace my stuff.

Do they send it out to a company owned place, or to a third party?

Do they send it out to a company owned place, or to a third party?

they do it themselves. but not all of their shops have the equipment to do it, so unfortunately they have to send it to one of their other shops. at least that was my understanding when i got my stuff there.

also, do plane tickets to Utah count as a gear purchase? so stoked!

• Like 4

so since nestors used to have the equipment the whitehall shop might have it? they want 75 bills just to mount them. ill probably call them today.

they charged me $25. wow. $75? crazy. and no, the Whitehall Buck doesn't have the equipment. they told m they had to scrap the stuff they got from Nestors because it didn't pass any test and wasn't safe to be mountain with, so they shipped it down to Ardmore i think.

ok, time to clear up confusion...

FKS/pivots do have a forward pressure adjustment, it doesn't have nearly as much leeway as other bindings though. i got new boots that are 6mm longer and i should be OK without redrilling. they're just a major pain to set, because you have to pivot the heel to 'set' them whenever you make a forward pressure adjustment.

buckmans does all backshop work themselves, just not in any of the shops (there are a few exceptions). shop work is sent out to a central location with a full time staff that just does tech work. they charge $75 if you didn't purchase any of the gear from buckmans, which is pretty much standard across the industry. support your local shops and you reap the benefits of not being gouged on shop work and other perks that come with being a loyal customer. FYI nestors charged the same price if you didn't purchase any of the gear there. for the amount of time it takes to mount up a freeride/park ski, where you're measuring out your mounting point and then dealing with finicky bindings and setting them up properly, $75 seems reasonable to me.

provided my skis come in this week, i'll be mounting up next year's ON3P Jeffrey's (110mm waist, a bit more tip taper, mellower rocker profile than this year's) with pivot 14s for my new Lange RX130 pros. holy gear stoke!

• Like 3

Thanks for clearing that up justin. ill probably go to bear creek then because i know theyre cheaper than buckmans and ill know whos working on my skis. my fks came with mounting instructions and the hole pattern stickers so ill give that to them too. should be good.

Edited by MollyProsser

Thanks for clearing that up justin. ill probably go to bear creek then because i know theyre cheaper than buckmans and ill know whos working on my skis. my fks came with mounting instructions and the hole pattern stickers so ill give that to them too. should be good.

talk to greg, or bob (bobert540) if he's still there. they're both guys who worked with me at nestors and know their stuff. greg will be stoked to get to play with a pair of FKSs.

• Like 1