First Gear Purchase for 2011/2012 Season

Ride Delaware ?

Spent way too much on skiing already for this year...

New Sessions Assault Jacket

New Saga Pants ($40 steal)

Pair of Level Gloves

Dalbello Krypton Rampage Boots

Oakley Splice goggles with high intensity yellow lens

188 Black Diamond Megawatts with Marker Dukes (monsterous)

Skins

Beacon, probe, shovel

maybe more to come

how expensive is that? and how does that work with citizenship and all.

I looked into going to school in BC. schools are cheap but the student visa from what I read up on may or may not be a bitch to get. I think you have to prove that you can support yourself financially while you're there to get one since you're not allowed to legally work unless it's on campus. if you can get a work permit it'd be a lot easier I can imagine. seemed all too complicated and not worth the effort so I ditched the idea and decided on VT. im sure paolo can explain in depth since he's actually doing it.

Its not the worst expenses wise. UBCs tuition for international students is around 4-5 thousand dollars more per year than in state at penn state. However, the cost of living, food, and gas up here is ridiculous. In regards to getting in/getting a visa, it was not too bad for me. At the border coming in, to get a study permit, you need to be able to prove that you can pay tuition and living expenses for a year. I am pretty sure you can take out a loan to do this. Other than that, the fact that I am from the US really hasnt made it too complicated. There are plenty of jobs on campus, and they all pay really well, so that helps with the expenses. Its pretty easy to get a work permit though. I havent gotten one yet, but I know plenty of people who applied and got one a few months later.

The school is dope. I am 1:45 from whistler, an hour from sick backcountry, 2.5 hours to baker, and 45 minutes from the best mountain biking. However, it practically rains in vancouver every day for the entire winter. Its actually nice to come back to Pennsylvania over Christmas break just because of how much better the weather is.

• Like 1

Its not the worst expenses wise. UBCs tuition for international students is around 4-5 thousand dollars more per year than in state at penn state. However, the cost of living, food, and gas up here is ridiculous. In regards to getting in/getting a visa, it was not too bad for me. At the border coming in, to get a study permit, you need to be able to prove that you can pay tuition and living expenses for a year. I am pretty sure you can take out a loan to do this. Other than that, the fact that I am from the US really hasnt made it too complicated. There are plenty of jobs on campus, and they all pay really well, so that helps with the expenses. Its pretty easy to get a work permit though. I havent gotten one yet, but I know plenty of people who applied and got one a few months later.

The school is dope. I am 1:45 from whistler, an hour from sick backcountry, 2.5 hours to baker, and 45 minutes from the best mountain biking. However, it practically rains in vancouver every day for the entire winter. Its actually nice to come back to Pennsylvania over Christmas break just because of how much better the weather is.

rain in vancouver typically means snow in the mountains... vancouver in may is absolutely gorgeous though. rain in the winter will pay off when it's 60 and sunny every day and you're on your bike.