First Gear Purchase for 2011/2012 Season

Ride Delaware ?

It's that time again...

I said I wasn't going to by any new boards this year, but my 5 year old Raven is finally starting to get pretty beat up... She may only have one more base grind left in her... That being said, I picked up a Burton T6 for a groomer shredder... 2010 model (now sold as the T7) brand new for 40% off... I've wanted one for a couple years and just couldn't justify it...

got me some Dalbello boots, Dynastar Legend Mythic Rider skis, and some Scott poles. Hope I get to use 'em more than once a week....

I also need to grab a pair of boots... I'm waiting on buying pants until I figure out what color each ski patrol requires... Most I'm guessing are black...

I'll probably be buying new pants this season (boring black as that's what snowsports school requires, and I heard that we are changing jackets so I'll need a new one of those as well.) I would like to get some prescription goggles, but definitely don't need skis, gloves, etc... Always want though.

• 2 weeks later...

seriously, stop whoring for posts by posting "sickbird" after every other post on this board. Its annoying.. You probably dont even know what caylors are.

I was riding ON3P before ON3P was cool :rofl Way to support Scott and the boys up there but no need to be all hipster about it, Dougs not really a jibber so I doubt he spends as much time on NS as you or I. Awesome that you got a sweet pair of skis but no need to be that guy haha.

On a related note, when I feel the need to pick up some rockered pow skis some day it will most likely be ON3P.

Don't think I'm making any gear purchases this year though unless I find a cheap snowboard set up.

• 4 weeks later...

i bought new ride orion boots at the end of last season and rode them once so i guess that counts as new gear haha. i also bought a new knifeshow hoodie to wear on the warmer days. i also plan on picking up a new pair of pants. ive been looking at bonfires, anyone have any feedback on them?

Nuthin but new boot liners this year. Maybe some poles.

Well, I bought plum guides, so I need another pair of skis and prolly gonna pick up the Cochises as well. And bootliners and...maybe poles. Prolly goggles , too. Maybe another shell..... rebooked my cancelled trip to Euroland for Feb 16 -28.... :wiggle There's some things over which I have little self control.........

Seasonal rental? You may still be able to score some of last years model stuff pretty cheap...

Ya were going to check out the tent sales and stuff when they start but if nothing looks right then I may just do seasonal's for her. Still making sure she's 100% into it before we spend the cash for all her gear and such.

FKNA man, jealous look like beautiful

Should be here by Wed, pretty stoked. Just pulled the triger on a pair of Cochises', narrowing down the ski choice this week. Lhasa Pow and Wailers are top contenders right now.

Completely wasn't planning on it but, I picked up an under armour cold gear base layer top and bottom today at the under armour outlet in lancaster for $40.

Nice dealio, Core. I gotta get into the outlet gig, I keep forgetting they exist for stuff like that. That's practically 1/2 price. :rock