First Gear Purchase for 2011/2012 Season

Ride Delaware ?

rain in vancouver typically means snow in the mountains... vancouver in may is absolutely gorgeous though. rain in the winter will pay off when it's 60 and sunny every day and you're on your bike.

yeah its always awesome to drive out of rainy vancouver into the snow.

Unfortunately, I get kicked out of my house at the end of April, so to stay here for a while I have to do some serious bumming. Last year I spent around 2 weeks sleeping in my car in Whistler before driving back to PA. I was expecting sunny park conditions but I guess last year was extremely rainy, even in may, so I got fed up with the shit weather and left.

I think the key is to sober up on the slopes..drink hard early till the beer runs out and then watch pond skimming and eat pizza and do speed runs down Razors and Paradise. Sexkitten usually brings shooters and moe Ghoul usually brings jello shots and jerky. Good times.

see, the beer doesn't run out.

• Like 1

Ok, so the last thing I really needed was yet another pair of skis, BUT... I just picked up a pair of 2009 189 K2 Obsethed 138/105/125 (much narrower than the current 117 waisted ones)

I just couldn't pass them up, as I've had my eyes on both the Seth's and the Volkl Bridge's now for years.

The 09-10 model seemed to fit my needs a little better, and the price was definitely why I made the jump.

Now my wife is on me pretty hard to sell off at least some of my other skis... DOH... she's right though as usual.

I simply have too much and I really don't need 4 sets of skis over 100 at the waist living in Pa.. lol

sell off the ninthwards

Being as I have 3 pairs of them that's pretty vague, not to mention I actually like those the best.

NGP 190cm 145/115/132 30m turn radius

Rory 183cm 140/113/130 24m turn radius

First Bloods 180cm 123/ 91 /116 24.5m turn radius

Obviously it would be between the NGP's and Rory's because there is overlap

I use the First Bloods as my everyday ski over my PE's (which Mike has pretty much taken over)

The NGP's are straight chargers and absolutely killer in the POW, and although I like them a little more than the Rory's they would probably be the ones that had to go simply because the Rory's are more versatile here on the east coast. (not that I'd ever really need them here)

The Rory's have a much better turning radius with a soft tip and hard tail

The NGP's are just plain rocket ships.... point them downhill, surf your ass off and hold the fuck on. They are fun as hell to ski on, especially in open bowls.

Being as I have 3 pairs of them that's pretty vague, not to mention I actually like those the best.

NGP 190cm 145/115/132 30m turn radius

Rory 183cm 140/113/130 24m turn radius

First Bloods 180cm 123/ 91 /116 24.5m turn radius

Obviously it would be between the NGP's and Rory's because there is overlap

I use the First Bloods as my everyday ski over my PE's (which Mike has pretty much taken over)

The NGP's are straight chargers and absolutely killer in the POW, and although I like them a little more than the Rory's they would probably be the ones that had to go simply because the Rory's are more versatile here on the east coast. (not that I'd ever really need them here)

The Rory's have a much better turning radius with a soft tip and hard tail

The NGP's are just plain rocket ships.... point them downhill, surf your ass off and hold the fuck on. They are fun as hell to ski on, especially in open bowls.

out of those three, ditch the rory's. they're the most similar to the seths, althought slightly wider. word of warning though, the seths are soft, probably way soften than what you're used to. they're awesome on groomers and 6"+ of fresh snow, but for anything choppy or skied up, you're gonna want to be on a stiffer ski. i definitely found the speed limit on mine out in utah last year on some sun-baked days old pow and it wasn't pretty.

out of those three, ditch the rory's. they're the most similar to the seths, althought slightly wider. word of warning though, the seths are soft, probably way soften than what you're used to. they're awesome on groomers and 6"+ of fresh snow, but for anything choppy or skied up, you're gonna want to be on a stiffer ski. i definitely found the speed limit on mine out in utah last year on some sun-baked days old pow and it wasn't pretty.

Guess it's kind of a no-brainer that a 6'1" Fat guy would like really long stiff skis.....(There is no need to "fix" that sentence with a cock joke...)

This year is going to be all kinds of new for me...... I'm fairly certain that my skis (and my skiing) is going to be MUCH different with 100 less pounds pushing down on them.

Guess it's kind of a no-brainer that a 6'1" Fat guy would like really long stiff skis.....(There is no need to "fix" that sentence with a cock joke...)

This year is going to be all kinds of new for me...... I'm fairly certain that my skis (and my skiing) is going to be MUCH different with 100+ less pounds pushing down on them.

Fixed it for you...

Now my wife is on me pretty hard to sell off at least some of my other skis... DOH... she's right though as usual.

Sold my Icelantic Scouts, 2 Jackets that didn't fit anymore, the 168cm Public Enemy's, and an old pair of ski boots $482 - $262 for the Obsthed = $220 towards bindings and mounting... No Complaints there!!

• Like 1