First Gear Purchase for 2011/2012 Season

Ride Delaware ?

just picked these up tonight since my anons with the 5% lense are just a little too dark on the cloudy days.

EC2GEG25CREMBZGD.jpg

EG2's??

I tried a pair of these on the other day when picking up my skis.....they actually fit over my glasses nice which is an EXTREME rarity, but no silicone on the strap....

I just got new Hestra Patrol Gloves to replace my current red/white ones (same colors).

Just picked up a North Face apex bionic jacket.

Snagged two more pairs of smartwool "racer" socks.

I'm ready.

I love my TNF Apex Bionic Jacket.... I sold the all black one I had, but kept the black/blue one even though it's WAY too damn big....lol

I have the same Hestra's but mine are black/white. (I also have the split finger ones which I use a little more) What do you use on your's as far as treatment goes? I use the leather balm they sell but I still find that water gets through especially on the really wet days.

I love my TNF Apex Bionic Jacket.... I sold the all black one I had, but kept the black/blue one even though it's WAY too damn big....lol

I have the same Hestra's but mine are black/white. (I also have the split finger ones which I use a little more) What do you use on your's as far as treatment goes? I use the leather balm they sell but I still find that water gets through especially on the really wet days.

I've never had any issues with water. I moisturize quite frequently. I've skied them on days its nuked, days where it's -20F, etc, and no problems.

Picked up a new solomon jacket. Haven't had a new snowboard jacket in about 7 years, just kept updating the kids wardrobes and figured mine was fine. Until I held it up to the light and noticed it had about 3 small patches of insulation left. I notice I don't need as many layers now. Under armor and t-shirt and I'm good.

411103.442_Pure_Jkt_Pink_front.jpgI got this jacket. I like it--super warm and cute.

Any suggestions for goggle lenses for super flat light? Had a wicked time on one slope in Park City because the light was so flat. Took the goggles off (had ones on for a sunny day) and still couldn't see anything. Just yellow?

I've found low light goggles != flat light goggles. I use my dark lenses on flat light days as I feel that low light lenses allow too much light in on flat light days preventing you from seeing any contrast.

Any suggestions for goggle lenses for super flat light? Had a wicked time on one slope in Park City because the light was so flat. Took the goggles off (had ones on for a sunny day) and still couldn't see anything. Just yellow?

I picked up a pair of Oakley Hi-Intensity Yellow at the beginning of the season, they are amazing in low/flat light conditions..

Next years Shiro

38839010150454915986980.jpg

New Solly touring binding

40235531879102482829915.jpg

Plum has been talking with Look about some kind of deal to buy older designs and such, I have to believe this is for the fabled look touring binding but who knows. A plum made FKS or shit even a pivot would be killer.

time for jeff to upgrade! unless it catastrophically fails, the guardian is gonna be a duke-killer, i'm calling it now. shorter mount, easier tour mode engagement, lighter weight, stiffer, and lower stack height? game over.

I got next years Line, K2, Solly Rocker 2 and Rossi Squad 7 pics too if someone wants to see them.

yes, please. also, anyone who's remotely considering ON3P, i have next year's jeffreys, and they're awesome. anybody with a 315mm boot sole is welcome to try em out if you see me up at blue.

time for jeff to upgrade! unless it catastrophically fails, the guardian is gonna be a duke-killer, i'm calling it now. shorter mount, easier tour mode engagement, lighter weight, stiffer, and lower stack height? game over.

yes, please. also, anyone who's remotely considering ON3P, i have next year's jeffreys, and they're awesome. anybody with a 315mm boot sole is welcome to try em out if you see me up at blue.

yes please

A Look/Plum At binding could be the ultimate but I agree, the Duke was always a compromise and the FT10/12 just suck.

Line Pics

71009line.jpg

71010line2.jpg

71047opus.jpg

K2

71043fujas.jpg

71044hellbent.jpg

71042ea74fc21.jpg

71045seth.jpg

Rocker 2

rocker2.jpg

Squad 7

710042.jpg

Got a new pair of Dalbello boots, and after the first day have 2 black big toenails. Think they might be slightly too big.

Your toe nails are hitting the front of the toe box, many many times. When you tour alot and kick in steps they almost always turn black and fall off.

You would have to talk to a boot guy to figure out how to fix it but that is what is happening.

I lost them for maybe 6 years in row, switched to a Nordica boot and I don't toe out if you will and haven't lost a nail in years.

I've never had toenail issues with boots...but my boots prevent any movement, so maybe that has something to do with it :ph34r:

Correct. Snug boots are the answer. Most likely, some side pads to hold your foot in place would give a big improvement, but it's best to see a competent boot fitter.

Your toe nails are hitting the front of the toe box, many many times. When you tour alot and kick in steps they almost always turn black and fall off.

You would have to talk to a boot guy to figure out how to fix it but that is what is happening.

I lost them for maybe 6 years in row, switched to a Nordica boot and I don't toe out if you will and haven't lost a nail in years.

My 1998 Nordica "next" boots never gave me this problem, and I basically just bought them at a sporting goods store. This time I go to a locally reknown bootfitter and my toenails fall off. Go figure.

In all fairness though, my second time out in the boots I really concentrated on staying forward in my stance and the toes did a little better, which tells me that skiing in the backseat was partly to blame causing my feet and toes to slide forward.

My 1998 Nordica "next" boots never gave me this problem, and I basically just bought them at a sporting goods store. This time I go to a locally reknown bootfitter and my toenails fall off. Go figure.

In all fairness though, my second time out in the boots I really concentrated on staying forward in my stance and the toes did a little better, which tells me that skiing in the backseat was partly to blame causing my feet and toes to slide forward.

where'd you go, out of curiosity? also, you never know, but you may have just gotten lucky and the old nordica was indeed the perfect boot for your foot. or it big enough to the point that your toes had no chance of banging off the front. do the new boots ski better than the old ones?

where'd you go, out of curiosity? also, you never know, but you may have just gotten lucky and the old nordica was indeed the perfect boot for your foot. or it big enough to the point that your toes had no chance of banging off the front. do the new boots ski better than the old ones?

I went to Salters. They set me up with some custom insoles which actually solved my sore inner ankle area which was caused by me having somewhat flat feet/over pronation issues (unlike GSS I'm not foot model material). I fully expect that if I go back there they will work with me to fix the problem. First I'm going to try the thicker socks, tighter 2nd buckle and staying out of the backseat.

The boots seem like they ski better than the old ones, but I also got new bindings so its hard for me to tell whether its the boot or the binding that's been the improvement.

A little birdy told me Fritschi is working on the next revolution in AT bindings.

I don't know what this means or what kind of design that could be but they have the pedigree and outside of the Dynafit and the mini revolution with the Duke/Guardian/MFD the basic design of non dynatfit AT bindings is pretty much the same from the Diamir 1.

Very Interesting

• 2 weeks later...