October is Upon Us

Ride Delaware ?

I know PA doesn't always have the greatest conditions, but if you can make sure the conditions are decent when you go for the first couple of trips, to break her in, then she will enjoy herself and likely want to keep going. If it is always an ice bowl or raining, then she probably won't like it as much. I know its tough to do in PA, since we are usually happy just to have something to ride on, but that might help. If she goes through the worst conditions and still likes it, then I guess you won't have to divorce her :D

Thanks for all the great info. You pretty much answered what my thoughts were based on looking around.

As for the skiing with the wife aspects I went through that pain last year. She learned with me last year (both our first season/time) and didn't do to bad. We rented her skis for the season last year so this year we bought her a pair as she seemed to like it last year. We'll see how long that last and whether she progresses this year lol.

Based on your avatar you have kids. Tell your wife to stick with it. Even though I am really not a good snowboarder I enjoy being on the mountain with my kids. My husband does not ski and I really wish he would because it would be nice to have the whole family out on the snow.

And RideDelaware you're right Loveland opening is Fri, I goofed.

Based on your avatar you have kids. Tell your wife to stick with it. Even though I am really not a good snowboarder I enjoy being on the mountain with my kids. My husband does not ski and I really wish he would because it would be nice to have the whole family out on the snow.

Barb...you only snowboard for a good excuse to drink afterwards :)

meh overrated...

• Like 1

She seemed to like it last year so i'm sure she'll be fine. Hope she can get just a little better so I don't have to spend hours on the greens ;)

Also thats my cousins daughter in my avatar. Took here skiing for her first time with my wife and I last year. Did better her first time then my mother did lol.

I don't think Vinny has kids.

You are correct sir. Give me a little longer please.

Loveland posted that their opening day will be tomorrow. They will be the first resort open for the entire season. Their early season offering is pretty legit. Lift served 1000 feet. They weren't the first, but I think this may be one of the earliest openings to date.

Nope, sleigh (A) basin opened today.

Loveland's earliest opening was september 30th, I think back in the 70s without snowmaking. Their 2nd earliest was 2 years ago..october 7th.

barb, go skiing. Loveland doesn't even get crowded like A Basin does early season. Ill see you there on saturday...k?

Edited by jordan

Thanks for all the great info. You pretty much answered what my thoughts were based on looking around.

As for the skiing with the wife aspects I went through that pain last year. She learned with me last year (both our first season/time) and didn't do to bad. We rented her skis for the season last year so this year we bought her a pair as she seemed to like it last year. We'll see how long that last and whether she progresses this year lol.

i know that situation. my wife got back into skiing while we dated. i bought her some beginner atomics after we got married. she kept those for a season, then she stepped up to a mid-range volkl. she skiing skills picked up tremendously once she had her own equipment and spent time on the hill. it's really amazing how much having your own stuff makes a difference.

just keep it fun on the hill and she'll (more than likely) stick with it :)

Shadows why are u going to jail? At least your mom will know where you are??? Wow I lose the bet I figured Nipples would be the first PASR member to go to jail. Anyway you'll meet nice people, get three meals a day and can read books.

let me just say that breaking your neck changes you. i rode with nipples a bunch last year and he's pretty much the most polite and generally stoked person you could find on the mountain now. and he can still spin like a top.

• Like 3

let me just say that breaking your neck changes you. i rode with nipples a bunch last year and he's pretty much the most polite and generally stoked person you could find on the mountain now. and he can still spin like a top.

purplesteeze is out of the coaching equation too. so that helps. (sorry rob)

i was in jail for 30 days a lil bit ago. they released me with my weed and my bowl and then gave me a ticket for having it. which means i violated my parole. pleaded not guilty, gotta wait till nov 22nd now

boulder is straight up the most corrupt place/school i have ever been around.

who tells a prospective student that he "needs to be in more debt before we can accept you into a program"?

fuck america.

i was in jail for 30 days a lil bit ago. they released me with my weed and my bowl and then gave me a ticket for having it. which means i violated my parole. pleaded not guilty, gotta wait till nov 22nd now

who tells a prospective student that he "needs to be in more debt before we can accept you into a program"?

fuck america.

i know you're probably not in a financial situation to get one, but that sounds like some 'lawyer up' crap right there. they basically set you up, right? i thought possession was decriminalized there?

Edited by Justo8484

yea its decrimmed. its a 100 dollar fine petty offense and youre on your way. but im on a year UNsupervised proby. only problem is theyre the ones who gave it back to me after my release from jail so wtf.

its decrimmed up to two ounces. i had less than half a gram on me. $2.50 worth of weed is a lot different from 400 dollars worth of weed but its the same charge. so really, you might as well be selling weed since its decrimmed up to 2 ozs.

wait till nov 22nd now. options now are jail, supervised probation,or they could just drop the charge since they basically distributed weed to me. im not taking supervised proby, jail is easier.

fuck america.

I've never had any similar problems with boulder, nor has anyone else I know.

just saying

• Like 2

no i like saying fuck to johnny law whenever possible.

Fuck you you fucking fuck...LOL

Usually people are GrilledSteezeSandwich groupies....I'm a Johnny Law groupie...he's totally organic. He needs a better lighter though.

I once lit the inside of my jacket on fire. I was riding I think supreme to Catherine's at Alta.

Its mother fucking blowing and I can't get the smoke lit with the helmet method and have to go jacket. The problem with this is if I pull my head out of the helmet I will inevitably drop it because I am only slightly evolved from a monkey.

Therefore I got to do it with the helmet on which is a problem because the jacket neck thing and the helmet's visor make it so I can't see shit. Hit the lighter and from what I can see it looks like I got the flame on the smoke but its one of those depth/single eye issues and I'm actually no where close, cue the inside of my jacket catching fire because its one of billion fabrics made from oil and not some plant. You should have seen the lifty's face when some random dude rolls by smoking a cig in 40mph wind with a giant melted hole in his jacket.