October is Upon Us

Ride Delaware ?

No worries. I have a 2004 5-speed Legacy Wagon and kinda like the older style myself. However, I've done a ton of events and thousands of miles over the past two years in the new Outbacks and they're still awesome in the snow and do wayyy better on the highway. Lots more passenger room too. My car really doesn't like to do over 70mph, not because it is falling apart or old, its just not geared for it. I'd never make it if I lived somewhere with 80mph+ speed limits.

Just putting the offer out there in case anyone has been car shopping and is considering a Subaru...

x2 for the Sunday River shots. Looks awesome!

interesting, Im assuming this deal has to be brand new models right? cause even with that discount its probably going to be more than we can spend.

My mom actually...possibly my sister. we've been shopping around lately and one of them definitely needs a car. i drove an 05 XT outty a little bit ago and damn. i havent driven an S8 wagon or a volvo R but that subie is fast as shit for a wagon. love the tiptronic and thumb shift wheel.

can it be in CO or in IL? within the next six weeks shell make a decision. trying to keep it sub 13 grand though which is why im worried about the new ness of your deal.

Just checked out DCSki, and they have written an article that totals Snowshoe's snowfall from last weekend. They total it at 9 inches, have some swanky pics, and state that they tested the snowmaking system. First legitimate resort snowfall and snowmaking in West Virginia? I'm calling Shenanigans...

WV is set up real nice for snow, the area in play is relatively high by EC standards so the temps are on avg 7-10 degrees cooler than the surrounding areas. Additionally they are in a great setup for Alberta Clippers and coastal storms.

Combine that with upslope and some moisture from Lake Erie and you can see why they hit the 200 mark a good amount of the time.

Ok well Sok nowmaking has begun for the 2011 - 2012 Season!

Conditions were just right this afternoon here at Loveland Ski Area enabling our snowmaking crew to turn on the guns for the start of the 2011 - 2012 season! Some natural snowfall made Loveland look like a mid-winter wonderland and with the forecasts calling for temperatures to remain chilly for the foreseeable future, snowmaking should be able to continue steadily bringing opening day that much closer! We do not have a set opening date as it will all depend on Mother Nature's help, but keep an eye on our snowmaking page to follow our progress.

ok well I just copied and pasted an email from Loveland and the above is all that showed up. Tried to edit and as I was typing nothing was showing up? Anyway great that Loveland is making snow.

Edited by Barb

They've got a decent window and some natural coming through. However, their system is so weak, it's takes forever for them to open that trail. They need a huge window at the base...

They are limited by water rights, not their snowmaking system

dropped some consignment stuff off at buckmans last nite for the tent sale. now i'm heading over there to drop off my skis for their pre-season tune and binding check.

i can feel the snow coming :D

I dropped off a ton of stuff Monday. I'm going to wander through the sale on my way home tonight. It was absolutely BANANAS on Monday, so there should be a ton of stuff to check out.

just got back. i was at the KOP location and there was a few people there checking stuff out. i'm sure it's gonna pick up when me and the wifey go there tonite....gotta love the mob-scene shopping :glare:

I was there Guitar third in line at KOP. Trying to get my wife's skis and boots for the year. I know I got her some quality boots (unfotunately not on consignment) but I'm afraid I might have gotten taken on the skis. It was such a mob scene and I kinda just grabbed everything I could see in her size. Ended up with a pair of Rossi's but I can't seem to find the model online so I have no idea if I overpaid.

On a side note I almost picked up a pair of fat skis for myself but I couldn't pull the trigger without knowing if what I was looking at was good or not.

What do they say on them ?

If they were made anytime after 1990 I can tell you what they are.

Rossignol passion I womens skis 146cm

She's a beginner and with that scene it was grab whatever looked appropriate size wise. I think they are 2006/2007 season but still can't find any info.

Oh well based on the last years model of the same brand/type it looks like an appropriate ski for her.

Just got back a little while ago. The crowd wasn't all that bad, and everyone seemed to be in a pretty good mood. I saw a pair of Gotamas with Jesters on them for like $400, but they were too close size-wise to a pair of skis I already have. There's still a ton of stuff left for anyone else going.

Rossignol passion I womens skis 146cm

She's a beginner and with that scene it was grab whatever looked appropriate size wise. I think they are 2006/2007 season but still can't find any info.

Oh well based on the last years model of the same brand/type it looks like an appropriate ski for her.

Rossi sold the Passion 1, 2 and classic.

The Passion 1 was the most popular.They were a sandwich construction, extruded base beginner ski essentially. The 163 was the longest length offered, 146 the shortest. The 06's were pink and the 07's red, they almost always came with an integrated 300 series binding they probably called it the saphir 90 or something like that. Its a standard entry level look binding so afd with a standard toe and the step in heal that was stolen from Marker 70 years ago. LOL That isn't a knock binding design in general is about 40 years old.

They were 112/69/95 which would be approx 13m turning radius.

Rossi also sold the passion classic which was blue and nearly identical.

The Passion I was a light weight, noob ski, that tries its best to make turning as easy as possible. A 112 shovel was thrown in to try to handle some mank or slop though probably it was in reaction to the Atomic Metron which had crazy sidecut and was super popular with people who can't carve.

You did a good job, so if the wife can't ski it probably isn't the skis LOL.

As an aside have you seriously thought about this. Many moons ago I tried to teach my gf how to ski and took her to UT after maybe 6hrs at Bear ( in my defense she at that time had truly massive knockers) first parts of my trip sucked and she was pretty salty about it for awhile.

Later on I realized she doesn't really like skiing and that is better for me because then I have time to myself and that if I'm honest I only want to ski with my now wife if she could rip. Teaching and all that shit I just don't have patience for.

Loveland opening this Saturday. Don't think we will head up this weekend, but happy its opening. I just got my 11 year old new boots, just in time. They were $245 on sale for $199 plus I got $100 off through their junior trade in program since I bought his boots there last season.

As an aside have you seriously thought about this. Many moons ago I tried to teach my gf how to ski and took her to UT after maybe 6hrs at Bear ( in my defense she at that time had truly massive knockers) first parts of my trip sucked and she was pretty salty about it for awhile.

I hope you at least taught her how to ride then :chea:

Loveland opening this Saturday. Don't think we will head up this weekend, but happy its opening. I just got my 11 year old new boots, just in time. They were $245 on sale for $199 plus I got $100 off through their junior trade in program since I bought his boots there last season.

i go to court tomorrow in boulder.

• Like 1

Loveland posted that their opening day will be tomorrow. They will be the first resort open for the entire season. Their early season offering is pretty legit. Lift served 1000 feet. They weren't the first, but I think this may be one of the earliest openings to date.

The Passion I was a light weight, noob ski, that tries its best to make turning as easy as possible. A 112 shovel was thrown in to try to handle some mank or slop though probably it was in reaction to the Atomic Metron which had crazy sidecut and was super popular with people who can't carve.

You did a good job, so if the wife can't ski it probably isn't the skis LOL.

Later on I realized she doesn't really like skiing and that is better for me because then I have time to myself and that if I'm honest I only want to ski with my now wife if she could rip. Teaching and all that shit I just don't have patience for.

Thanks for all the great info. You pretty much answered what my thoughts were based on looking around.

As for the skiing with the wife aspects I went through that pain last year. She learned with me last year (both our first season/time) and didn't do to bad. We rented her skis for the season last year so this year we bought her a pair as she seemed to like it last year. We'll see how long that last and whether she progresses this year lol.