Winter Storm Watch

RootDKJ

Woot! Still snowing? Hard? Looks pretty wet, you think it'll be skiable by 6AM up there on some of the trails?

Yes.

Thats kinda personal, dont you think? lol. its still snowing at a good clip. big flakes.

it is pretty heavy, not like really wet, but sticky.

i am definetly putting some skis on tomorrow.

Oct29-20113.jpg

we finally got our power back. we were just about ready to break out our ski clothes to stay warm :)

Still no power at my place, been out since noon saturday. Almost hit a tree laying across the road on my way in this morning and there are downed limbs everywhere around the huffs church area, so I'm not really hopeful it'll be back today either. I got a woodstove though so no heat issues. Actually cooked breakfast on it on Sunday. You know how hot you need to get a wood stove to cook eggs and bacon??? it must have been 110 degrees in the house after that adventure.

Lots of fresh firewood down in the backyard though, so I got that going for me.

I got home last night at 130am from the eagles game and I had no power. I used my iPhone as a light source. My water wouldn't get hot so no shower so I'm a itchy mofo.

haha yeah it usually takes a hot water heater to make hot water. Also takes a water pump to refill the shitter too so heads up on that one.

haha yeah it usually takes a hot water heater to make hot water. Also takes a water pump to refill the shitter too so heads up on that one.

Speaking as someone who lives in the woods, has a well, and loses power all the time... All you need to flush is water in the tank. We stockpile water bottles under the sink so that we can refill the tank when the pump from the well fails. Now, I don't think this is an issue if you have city water and you are down hill from the reservoir. Because during Floyd we had no drinkable water and no electricity for quite some time, but I don't remember issues about flushing. Certainly it won't be an issue for quite some time. Even we get about two or three flushes per toilet during blackouts and we are relying totally on water in our pipes to make that flush happen. City people will still be getting water from the city pipes for far longer.

I haven't been at my house since 9am, but when I went to bed last night I could see my breath. I'm at my dad's office getting some work done as Lehigh evacuated the dorms last night at 5pm due to no power/security. I stopped in my office at Lehigh today, and heard the four generators working hard to keep our data center running. No signs of electricity yet at my house, as none of my servers have come back up yet.

Where do you evacuate all the dorms to? I wonder if the fraternity houses were the same way... I noticed some uphill had power, but none on the lower half did...

Rauch Field House and Windish Hall. Had to be out by yesterday at 5pm. Students were told to go home, stay at friends off campus, or goto Windish/Rauch. Yes, frats/sororities had to leave as well.