Blivers

I'm gonna go ahead and take a guess at something like december 20th opening for BC, I'm just shooting in the dark though. I regularly pass sno on my way to elk, much more variety and a better mountain in my opinion. That said, I'd take anywhere in the catskills over elk any day. I have indeed seen my cat run 15 feet up a tree, turn around, then run straight back down. Just cause they can't decend slowly does not mean cats have to back down a tree. She also caught a flying squirrel last year. BC's lodge and hotels are better than any in PA and most on the entire east coast I'd say. It's just the view from the lodge that is kinda lacking :)

the whole lodging complex and hotels out at Seven Springs are pretty nice as well and offer much more than Bear. But i usually don't include them in PA mountain talks. I just wish that place was closer than a 4 hour drive.

531118_628870247214_1841571777_n.jpg

• Like 1

the whole lodging complex and hotels out at Seven Springs are pretty nice as well and offer much more than Bear. But i usually don't include them in PA mountain talks. I just wish that place was closer than a 4 hour drive.

531118_628870247214_1841571777_n.jpg

Never been to Springs, although I think I might road trip out there this year. It's just so hard to justify 4 hours west when 5 and a half north could put you in VT. What do they offer that is so much more than bear??

You're cat looks very pleased with that outfit.

What do they offer that is so much more than bear??

They are very similar in what they offer, except 7 Springs offers more variety. There are like 7 or 8 different places to eat and drink there instead of 3 like at BC.

It is definitely a fun place to go when the snow is good, especially if you like riding park. But you are right it is hard to head that way and VT is only a bit longer of a ride.

Edited by burton71

for real, what the hell is in the middle of PA anyway.

• Like 1

fyi - not my cat. i hate cats. if you know tyler boyer, a formal BC local, it's his wife's cat.

Tyler who used to hang out with Andy and his gf ?

Why do I think he was a patroller for a little while.....holy shit I'm old and forgetful.......brings back good memories

Who was the dude who busted his face on the franken s rail ? That piece of shit had a billion supports at a trillion angle's, my ass still hurts, dude got mad stitches.......Does ryan still ride at Bear ? Dude was crazy but good crazy...

Why do I think he was a patroller for a little while.....holy shit I'm old and forgetful.......brings back good memories

Who was the dude who busted his face on the franken s rail ? That piece of shit had a billion supports at a trillion angle's, my ass still hurts, dude got mad stitches.......Does ryan still ride at Bear ? Dude was crazy but good crazy...

yeah, that tyler. he used to be a patroller back in the day. not sure who busted themselves on the s rail, besides everyone... you talkin about ryan rubino who used to work at nestors?

Lol, the good ol S-rail. That was one of my favorite rails. I busted myself numerous times on it was too fun to pass up. There was never a line at that rail.

Tyler was one crazy mofo. Yes he was a patroller back in the day. One of the only ones that knew how to ski.

Good times

http://www.newschoolers.com/photo/72408.0/this-is-what-you-get-when-you-smash-your-face-on-a-rail-with-a-helmet?t=1 This one? We need an old school bc/doe thread.

holy shit that's it

toast has the memory skills for sure, good to hear they are doing well.

I never knew Ryan's last name, I just remember he punched some kid in the lift line at Boulder.

Old school doe/bc was a good crowd....I remember Hamil lincoln looped some dude and his kid on the first hit on black bear, it was the first year they switched over from doe and there was one like 15footer and to the right there was the elf shoe rail. Dude shit a fucking brick and was screaming at him, then his kid came up and gave Hamil a high five. LOL

Good fucking memories....I remember the blue hair dude who rode in work gloves and jeans, kid could huck his meat but had a death wish.....wonder if he is still alive.

EDIT: Fuck..... that newschoolers link shows a friends list, holy fucking time machine. I haven't logged in to NS in like 8 years and look at the names....Dorsey hahahah I wonder if people still make fun of him all the time......holy fuck I got old.

Edited by Johnny Law

The Knob is by far the best hill in PA.

Good steeps, best chance for real snow and legit tree skiing.

There are logging "roads" cut all over the fucking place up there.........and of course Stemboggen.

Really huh? Interesting area no doubt, but your smoking bad chit if thats the best hill in Pa. And I know that death wish kid with jeans and work gloves all too good bro. Remember him well.

Let me guess...Elk's better?

Depends. I'll quantify my previous statement awhile back when i said Elk was better than Killington, by noting we skied Elk one weekend and left for K sunday night to find conditions wern't as good on that Monday. That was a compliment to Elk. But Blue Knob? I'd put 7 springs over BK for variety of terrain and resort feel, Elk over BK for overall conditions, and even Boo mt for its expansiveness and value. But BK has its place as a ski area that needs to be visited at least once for something different and interesting.

Depends. I'll quantify my previous statement awhile back when i said Elk was better than Killington, by noting we skied Elk one weekend and left for K sunday night to find conditions wern't as good on that Monday. That was a compliment to Elk. But Blue Knob? I'd put 7 springs over BK for variety of terrain and resort feel, Elk over BK for overall conditions, and even Boo mt for its expansiveness and value. But BK has its place as a ski area that needs to be visited at least once for something different and interesting.

To each his own. However if Johnny Law says the Knob is better, that's where I'm putting my $$

• Like 1