Bar Down Please

NMSKI

look here grandpa :)

the order of those words to get the intended phrase across is "i may grow old, but ill never grow up"

you cannot "grow up" without "growing old" but you can grow old without growing up.

Let me turn up the volume on my hearing aid...

What's that again? :P

• Like 2

It's i hope I die before I get old... Shit my freaking job has me thinking about mortality on a regular basis.

Unfortunately I am old enough to know the song, the start of my Punk Rock youth...

Wait until you get older, then you really start thinking about mortality and how much time you have left.

Different things become much more important, like stickers on Cadillacs....

• Like 1

I prolly posted this before and understand the hate but there are lots of places that don't even have bars. Alta is a prime example.

The only scientific study of the subject found as many people fell off with the bar up as down. Children in particular tend to slip under fucking around or reaching for the bar. They are alot like seatbelts on an airplane.

I dont care what you do with the bar as long as you dont drop that shit on my head. Which leads to the other ever popular fodder for ski forums helmets which is almost always self serving sanctimonius bullshit wrapped in a saftey flag.

Riding the lift is like thing 20000000 on the list of shit to worry about....I mean I've seen a bunch of you fuckers drive lol

• Like 4

I always put the bar down. It's more comfortable if there is a foot rest, it feels more secure, and it annoys snowboarder punks.

That's Win Win Win, whether it enhances safety or not.

Definitely agree that driving to and from the mountain is the riskiest part of skiing, particularly as it makes one more likely to drive on roads that are in unsafe conditions.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

After ending last season at Loveland and Abasin where there aren't safety bars I rode bar less a few times at Blue this past weekend. I won't do that on the six pack though as it often comes to sudden stops and is slippery.

This is at bridger bowl MT. Imagine getting caught in this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4v5nIwGJnhg

• 1 month later...