Ski Denton has New Trail Map

trackbiker

Siblet and I went to a race there ten years ago, stayed in one of those cabins on the lower left of that map.

Very strange place, sort of like a volcano cone sticking up out of nothing. At the time, had zero cell phone service. Race trail was really steep for a slalom. Beyond that and the fact that the race organizers lost my drivers license, don't remember much. Certainly wouldn't recommend anyone drive there only for the purpose of going there.

anyone ever been here?

It's the shit, middle of nowhere and steep. Has the only triple diamond !!!!!!!! Seriously though Extreme is steep for NE, they get a fair amount of snow and it's almost never crowded. Was run by the state for awhile and now they lease it out to somebody. My cousin's cousin put about 6" of a ski pole through his leg there way back in the 90's.

Don't listen to Sib, drive there and experience the Denton, it's like the Knob or even more accurate Suicide Six. Either you get it or you don't. There are cabins you can rent on the cheap if you want a quiet place to murder someone or just have a hell of a party without having to worry about anyone bothering you.

It's old school, it has style and a soul.

• Like 1

It's the shit, middle of nowhere and steep. Has the only triple diamond !!!!!!!! Seriously though Extreme is steep for NE, they get a fair amount of snow and it's almost never crowded. Was run by the state for awhile and now they lease it out to somebody. My cousin's cousin put about 6" of a ski pole through his leg there way back in the 90's.

Don't listen to Sib, drive there and experience the Denton, it's like the Knob or even more accurate Suicide Six. Either you get it or you don't. There are cabins you can rent on the cheap if you want a quiet place to murder someone or just have a hell of a party without having to worry about anyone bothering you.

It's old school, it has style and a soul.

It definitely has some steep sections. It is definitely not crowded. But, it's a hell of a drive for the amount there is to ski, 75 acres, making it less than half the size of Blue. Now, how many hours did that take you to get there (four each way)? If you're on the way to something else, it might be worth the side trip to do a visit to another era. But, as a reason all by itself? I might as well fly to Blue from here.

It definitely has some steep sections. It is definitely not crowded. But, it's a hell of a drive for the amount there is to ski, 75 acres, making it less than half the size of Blue. Now, how many hours did that take you to get there (four each way)? If you're on the way to something else, it might be worth the side trip to do a visit to another era. But, as a reason all by itself? I might as well fly to Blue from here.

Tis true, perhaps the wilds of Coudersport aren't for everyone. However that area of PA is often forgotten about and there is some cool shit there. Leonard Harrison with the Pine creek may not live up to it's Grand Canyon of PA but it's pretty dope and Wellsborough is now the fracking capital of PA, lots of Forrest skanks stripping for CO, SD, TX frackers looking to fight and get off. It may lack refinement but boring it's not.

I like Johnny laws positive analysis. Shit. his experience the included a ski pole through a leg and he still managed to raise the stoke levels. You should be in marketing bro.

I try.

Johnny Law any trains out that way? I like trains!!!

I don't know, there used to be one that ran next to the Pine Creek but it's been a rails to trail for like 20 years now. I did see three bears there once about 17 years back.

Best train spot is in the fine town of Altoona. My other cousin, who didn't put a ski pole through his leg at Denton, wanted to attend ye ole Penn State but wanted to spend his first two years not in Reading so Altoona it is. Altoona is like if a whole town looked like Tyler Durden's house on Paper St., he had a fine estate that was missing a load bearing wall in the basement and the porch hung off the house like a 60 year old ladies titties.

The finest entertainment in Altoona if you don't like meth addict strippers is the Horseshoe Curve. A long time ago PA needed a rail connection between Philly and Pittsburgh, the easiest passage over the Allegheny mtns meant building the curve rather than using a time consuming portage. The Nazi's in WW2 apparently targeted the curve but obviously never got the job done. Now homeless people and train aficionado's can enjoy the curve which is something like 200 degrees.

• Like 1

I don't know, there used to be one that ran next to the Pine Creek but it's been a rails to trail for like 20 years now. I did see three bears there once about 17 years back.

Best train spot is in the fine town of Altoona. My other cousin, who didn't put a ski pole through his leg at Denton, wanted to attend ye ole Penn State but wanted to spend his first two years not in Reading so Altoona it is. Altoona is like if a whole town looked like Tyler Durden's house on Paper St., he had a fine estate that was missing a load bearing wall in the basement and the porch hung off the house like a 60 year old ladies titties.

The finest entertainment in Altoona if you don't like meth addict strippers is the Horseshoe Curve. A long time ago PA needed a rail connection between Philly and Pittsburgh, the easiest passage over the Allegheny mtns meant building the curve rather than using a time consuming portage. The Nazi's in WW2 apparently targeted the curve but obviously never got the job done. Now homeless people and train aficionado's can enjoy the curve which is something like 200 degrees.

The curve is pretty awesome. I would love to get back.

Back to Denton, place is awesome. I have a bunch of days in at Denton (10ish Id say) and quite a few of them are memorable. Extreme and Avalanche are steep for the east. Skid it a few times with ~8" and its a blast, lots of cut out trees. It is old school, don't expect to go there and find anything too fancy but I would not miss the chance to go back again.

• Like 1

Back to Denton, place is awesome. I have a bunch of days in at Denton (10ish Id say) and quite a few of them are memorable. Extreme and Avalanche are steep for the east. Skid it a few times with ~8" and its a blast, lots of cut out trees. It is old school, don't expect to go there and find anything too fancy but I would not miss the chance to go back again.

ill go to Denton if you come back, as long as we can wear temple garments.

In August in Lansing, several black people tried to play the Knockout Game with a twist: They used a taser. It misfired. The victim’s gun did not. He wounded his attacker but stopped firing after the Knockout Artist begged for mercy.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/11/surprise-media-finally-wake-up-to-knockout-game/#LORMZLx8TM8La7TS.99

Pretty fucked up. i mean the whole knockout thing. the kid that did this is so lucky he is still alive.