Lights? We don't need no stinkin lights!

Freeski919

Unless your an environmentalist pissed about the wasted electricity or whatever, then I can't really see what the issue is.

I'm not an environmentalist, but I'm environmentally conscious, and I don't like waste in any form. Wasted money, wasted electricity, waste isn't good. Useless waste, easily avoidable waste is mind boggling.

So I did ask Blue about it on FB, and here is their response:

that's a great question! some of these pre-season nights there are snowmakers out on the trails during the wee hours fixing leaks, running hoses and the like. Last year during the season Blue did turn the lights off a bunch of times and the groomers worked with just the lights of the cats. I believe that right now this is a hot topic and it is in a transitional phase.. soon the lights will be off more often than not.

So it sounds like somebody at Blue has realized this is a dumb idea, and is trying to change things. They're probably getting resistance from groomers and snow makers who say 'this is what we've always done'. It also sounds like they've been catching flak about it from more people than just me.

• Like 1

GSS, I see you're still a bitch. Have you learned to ski since I left PA?

And what I think you meant to say is "I don't care, but I have a compulsion to comment on every single thing that comes across this board." Its a discussion board about Blue. This is a discussion about Blue. If you don't care, don't read and don't comment.

• Like 4

isnt the pass already like 700 bucks? who cares about 5 cents.

this is one reason why i quit skiing. disregarding mental health or existential difficulties...

you say you dont like waste? everything you do is a waste. its the human condition. people want to save the planet while business goes on as usual.

we cut down too many trees? how am i supposed to print out this 50 page employee booklet for a couple hundred thousand walmart associates?

paper free - lets use electronics instead. now we have different versions of the same electronic device every year because people cant stop buying shit. we want to think we're doing good but we're not.

would turning the lights off at night really give you enough peace of mind to stay quiet and go on with business as usual? if so... what are you doing on a daily basis to help the environment?

buying a reusable coffee mug for the morning commute will not save the planet.

• Like 1

right. turn the lights at the airport off then. sheesh

hah...in an effort to reduce $$$ and light pollution, most general aviation airports that do not that high traffic levels at night have pilot controlled lighting. Key up the radio quickly a few times and on come the lights. Maybe Blue needs motion sensors?

Or...maybe invest in LED lights?

• Like 1

there doesnt need to be an answer.

another reason why i quit skiing. taking a break has been the best thing for me really.

its about fun man. who cares how good you are.

i skied 120 days my last season or so. i was to busy trying to get "good" i forgot to have fun with friends.

• Like 4

Cute. But doesn't answer the question? Have you learned to ski in the last 4 years? Because when I saw you last, you were a hot mess of awful skiing that thought he was good because he went fast.

Are you like 9 ? Seriously, my daughter would phrase that similarly. It is dangerous to use the entirety of one's vocabulary in a single sentence.

By the way do you live in VT now ? I'm not sure as you have only mentioned it 100000 times in sentences in which it had no relevance.

• Like 2

GSS, I see you're still a bitch. Have you learned to ski since I left PA?

And what I think you meant to say is "I don't care, but I have a compulsion to comment on every single thing that comes across this board." Its a discussion board about Blue. This is a discussion about Blue. If you don't care, don't read and don't comment.

GSS does vermont pretty good vermont for himself vermont on the slopes.

• Like 3

Most likely short sighted. Most water is either from a pump or a stream and is not filtered like drinking water. Could it eventually be used for drinking if it is filtered? Yes. Is it actual drinking water when it's being blown? No.

Always get a kick out of little kids sitting on the slopes eating the snow...

you say you dont like waste? everything you do is a waste. its the human condition. people want to save the planet while business goes on as usual.

we cut down too many trees? how am i supposed to print out this 50 page employee booklet for a couple hundred thousand walmart associates?

paper free - lets use electronics instead. now we have different versions of the same electronic device every year because people cant stop buying shit. we want to think we're doing good but we're not.

What about the over 7 billion people on this planet along with all the automobiles spewing noxious fumes into the atmosphere, not to mention all the cows that do the same and go to slaughter for the sake of BBQs?

Always get a kick out of little kids sitting on the slopes eating the snow...

What about the over 7 billion people on this planet along with all the automobiles spewing noxious fumes into the atmosphere, not to mention all the cows that do the same and go to slaughter for the sake of BBQs?

People need to eat.
  • Like 2

Blue is in a prominent location and shows well (like a legit mountain). By prominent, I mean it can be seen from lots of places. Have you ever driven down maury road or 534 or 209 at 2am and seen it all lit up miles away? It gives me a ski boner every time. It just looks cool and I always point it out to whoever I'm with. Maybe it's their way of advertising. Yep here we are. We're bad ass looking compared to big boulder or jack frost. Come spend $ here. I personally think it's cool.

I can see the lights looking out through my office window in Hellertown!

Tut's Lane is like a beacon when going North on MacArthur Rd.

People need to eat.

Soylent Green? :)

• Like 1