toast21602

Here's a quick little report for all of you who actually read reports:

Blue was good this afternoon. I got up there and it was pretty empty. There were blowing on a lot of trails - Raceway, Razors, Challenge, Razorback, Terrain Run, Finish Line, the top of Lazy, Main Street, and the bottom of falls. There were guns all over tubing, but none of us really give a shit about that. The snow was incredibly good this evening. Even the firm snow was very carvable and smooth - nothing like I remember skiing before at Blue. The snow that fell the other evening really helped a lot. I don't think I'll be up until next weekend again. Maybe a night session if I'm lucky.

Here are some pics, if they work.

1504044_695665284424_703222183_n.jpg

994092_695665299394_81320675_n.jpg

734505_695665314364_377655539_n.jpg

1459205_695665364264_178728993_n.jpg

1520660_695665339314_2012284781_n.jpg

see you suckas soon.

• Like 7

I got out of work a bit early today, which worked out well since the snow was really falling hard this afternoon. I got to Blue mid-afternoon after a long drive on crappy roads home from work. I guess that since a lot of people had off from school today, there were a decent amount of people there. Again, the snow was awesome. I'd say they got about 3" of snow out of this clipper and it made everything even better than yesterday. I guess when you get 4 snow events in the last week it makes a huge difference. They are still blowing on a lot of trails. Even with the crappy weather this weekend, I would imagine that they can be 100% around Christmas or New Years.

Anyway, since my last post in this thread was a huge hit and got 2 replies, I figured I'd try to replicate that with more pictures and report.

1473013_695820543284_1444668176_n.jpg

1471366_695820538294_176309436_n.jpg

1467347_695820533304_1206306750_n.jpg

1476256_695820528314_2106153075_n.jpg

1525473_695820687994_1757547726_n.jpg

1476242_695820692984_1013764135_n.jpg

1499377_695820523324_422614395_n.jpg

After that, I got home shoveled the driveway, and decided to earn some turns since we have had quite a bit of snow fall to cover everything up.

First descent at the new house! Figure eights!

1506476_695820678014_1161349852_n.jpg

1499485_695820683004_1893618309_n.jpg

"peak" elevation of 891' and I finished at the driveway, an elevation of 850'. I could have taken it to the back end of the property which has an elevation of 839'.

41 vertical feet of PA powder turns. Be jealous.

• Like 9

Met the fam for a few runs tonight- snow was great although runs limited to paradis3, lazy/falls and come around/midway/Burma. Saw Johnny law. Guns were blowing a veritable winter wonderland!

They have a heavy base down on pretty much everything excluding Switchback, Nightmare/Dreamweaver. Considering at least 30% of their snow ends up in the woods it's amazing how much snow they've put out.

i think cause the way blue is set up the noobs leave the lodge and get to chute and are like "oh shit, this is the only way down" and thus scrape down or go down on their ass. i did it my first time at blue like 12 years ago when i could barely ride lol

The noobs get tired of riding the Vista chair and go in search of new terrain...

Sunday afternoon, with all the fresh snow from Saturday, had lower Main Street filled with bumps.

People coming off Midway & Chute were screaming how big the moguls were and that they weren't gonna go down it again!

It's because 99% of the people that ride at blue can't ride for dog shit. Exclude employees, racers and people you know, now count the number of people that can actually carve that you run across in a given day. Maybe a dozen, that means 99% cannot carve really at all.

So you come out of the upper lodge and it's flat and wide enough that they feel ok moving a bit, then when the crest the hump there right in front of them is a trail that appears to fall off the face of the earth for a moment. Now they only have two skills, full out, which takes no skill because it simply means gravity works and full stop, throw the skis or board sideways. It's like Yoda says, control, control you must learn control. They cannot keep the board or skis moving to control their speed so they come in like a hot potato and then jam the breaks on so they can make the turn out onto Main St in a reasonable distance. If you have any reasonable amount of skill you'd skootch the top section before the roll over and then pocono shuffle your way down before making a decent skid turn at the bottom. 98% of peeps can't even do that.

Watch people ride at blue, most make a full stop at every place you can't simply go straight. Lazy they stop at the top were you turn off Tut's, then they stop at the sweeping right before it splits into lower lazy or falls, they then also stop at the split. If they go falls they will stop at the top of falls and then proceed to flail there way down 100ft before heading back up the lift for another sick run. It's hilarious in some sense but most peeps can only go straight and if you only ride at Blue you can get away with that to some extent.

It would be interesting to figure out why their clientele is so fucking retarded generally. Spring Mtn is a piece of shit with generally terrible riders but even there you don't see the kind of shit you see at blue, albeit the terrain is comparatively spicy.

• Like 4

I have a good friend who is one of the engineers on the project - last i heard it was off for 2 months. I also heard that they might just turn 22 into a parking lot and divert traffic to 78.

It doesn't affect me at all. Just seems like there's always road construction going on at any time. It's easy to fall behind on that stuff when the weather hasn't been favorable to them.

Johnny law what do you think the pitch of the steepest 50 feet of the chute and midway are? Could it me 30+ degrees? As steep as some of the moderate pitches at Jackson hole or the meadows at Pow Mow? Perhaps...when I first began skiing I progressed slowly. First day at blue and second day skiing ever(first day was BB) I skied school hill, vista and easy out. The right hand turn from easy out is a little technical for a first timer but if you are gonna ski blue you are gonna have to get used to some twists and turns.

2nd time I skied Burma and me and a friend ditched our lesson cause we didn't want to stop and maybe got in 4-5 runs. The next time out I skied lazy mile and the pitch before the sharp right turn required some serious speed control on my rental 135s. And I even skied sidewinder by the end of that season which has a few pitches nearing PA black diamond territory. Yeah the first time I saw tuts lane I thought it was challenge.

Teachers talked about exotic places like Hunter and Killington..and a richie rich kid I know who's family owns half of Whitehall talked about double diamond terrain at Vail....hop turns mandatory I'm sure.

2nd season I skied switchback and midway and Main Street. I didn't even ski challenge until the third season and it didn't live up to the hype..I was already becoming jaded. I even skied the double diamond terrain at windham and one of their runs is named the wall because its so steep...

Maybe upper 20's but pitch is tough, I have a slopemeter I should bring it and find out.

Tonight was good, Challenge was cookies but everything else was nice.

All SEPA roads suck and will for some time, the state way under funded to among other things build lots of jails. They need to catch up to the tune of approx 9 billion dollars.

After that, I got home shoveled the driveway, and decided to earn some turns since we have had quite a bit of snow fall to cover everything up.

First descent at the new house! Figure eights!

1499485_695820683004_1893618309_n.jpg

"peak" elevation of 891' and I finished at the driveway, an elevation of 850'. I could have taken it to the back end of the property which has an elevation of 839'.

41 vertical feet of PA powder turns. Be jealous.

best trip report since Johnny law's train stomping...Mt Mik is delivering.

that's nice to do some turns in your own backyard! soon GSS will be lobbying for you to install a highspeed quad so he doesn't have to hike, lol....