1/1/2015...nice snow...chilly

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived in the lower lot at 7:30am and the temperature was in the low teens under clear sky's. Not many people in the house early on. Just me, MBike mike, Atomic Jeff, TP4, PARidgeRider and Johnny Law. Paradise was ok...but lazy mile was better with some nice new silky manmade on the right side. I skied lazy and Main Street the most and Main Street was pretty smooth and not to many people on it. Crowds grew as the morning progressed but no real lift lines.

A racer dude..Paul..I believe joined us for a few runs. He's a masters racer and had a pretty sick helmet. We also rode the lift with a hatless/helmet less snowboarder. The snowmaking cannons were assaulting Burma, Razors, Challenge, and some other areas. Maybe razors for the weekend but I don't imagine it will be good for a few more days as the snow needs to cure. Challenge could happen this weekend some big piles forming and lots of people out today for tubing. I skied from 8-1030..then hungout in the parking lot another two hours. I just drank water but enjoyed the sun and slightly warmer temperatures.

I'll be back tomorrow AM should be good.

Sorry I missed you guys on the snow. The upside of that though was that I got to hear all of the gaper conversation on the lift including multiple references to the "powder", multiple "what's the name of that trail", a complete stranger showing off her new boots to another complete stranger and my favorite, how "Blue is a huge mountain, ... Much bigger than spring".

Snow was good. Main Street was great. The snowmaking assault was ongoing. Razors looks real close. Started to get really crowded and it appeared that they were firing up the quad. All in all a fun day.

post-264-0-06434600-1420139886_thumb.jpg

Today was the best day of the year (and season) so far.  Snow was smooth, grippy, and fast enough for my slalom skis.  After 2.5 hours of constant turns, I was beat.  It's so refreshing to be on a nice surface and be able to make some turns.  After how shitty it was last weekend, today was a total 180.  JADIP.

• Like 1

Today was a total shit-show on Main Street later in the day.

We witnessed a number of Asian, high-speed bombers screaming down Chute into lower Main Street with absolutely no idea how to turn or stop.

One guy literally came off the top of Chute, down into Main and took out the skis of a little kid (who really shouldn't have been there anyway, but that's besides the point) and then ended up in a show explosion a few hundred feet down the slope.

Someone from the kid's group went down to the guy and gave him an earful.

The entire afternoon was full of this type of crap going on.

If you're out there after noon, be wary skiing down the center of Main, as you may have someone barreling down behind you!!

Barney's had no love today at all. We surmised that Blue only had a skeleton crew on last night, so it didn't get any snow and they were left from the other day (hard and icy).

As usual, the best snow was along the sides of all trails.

To close out the day, Tarpon and I took a couple of runs down Widowmaker which was really not worth the effort.

As typical Blue grooming, this was a load of 1-2" marbles with boiler mixed in. I think I still have all my fillings...

The jibhonks were making a good sized jump on flat below connector. At least they were having fun with it, so long as SP doesn't shut them down.

JADAB (Just Another Day At Blue...)

Edited by indiggio

I dont understand how they still dont have grooming figured out. Its danny and fink?

Those guys should be good.

CBI had a New year's eve ball drop last night. I'm not kidding, they had a giant lit up ball hanging from a crane. I always knew that place was classy.

Easton drops a crayon.