The K will be first!!!

VTmark

Saw pics on KZone and it looked pretty impressive. Since it was limited to pass holders and discount card holders, crowds looked to be in check. They should be able to make some serious headway tonight with summit temps in the low teens.

Long range temps drop into some snowmaking range on Friday, so they can definitely resurface. They may have a chance to stay open...

They might have a chance at some nighttime snowmaking on Friday and then early next week (if the completely unreliable forecast holds), so they may have an outside chance to operate continuously IF Mike decides to stay open tomorrow. Official word coming later today.

I'm pretty impressed they pulled it off. I know they have the equipment to do it, but they were really putting a lot of faith in the weather forecast.

They pretty much keep the K 3000s and the SR-7s in use solely for early season. Those things use 60 times the air of a Low E gun (roughly 5 cfm to 300 cfm or something close), but they put out like 10 times the snow. There are only so many hydrants to go around, and this early they aren't worried about terrain expansion as much as growing the base in the North Ridge area to continuously operate.

• 4 weeks later...

No but I am going up Dec 5 and 6 and am psyched they are showing signs of life again

Still hoping to get some local turns in before that weekend, but hope is starting to fray

The will prob be a good time to go since they should be open and PA resorts prob won't be open get except for a couple bonkyards. You gotta meet up with the PASRs at blue this season!!!

But I am a slack bastard and plus if I am going to get up that early it will probably be to hit the 'Skills not just poke a nose.

Ahhh that's first uncrowded cord runs are worth waking up early!!!!

Yep this guys at my house by 6am and he has a half hour drive to get to my place. We make first chair all the time. You're just being lazy.

QFT!!!

Ski 2 live I hear you. I live 15 minutes away and my ass can't make it on time.

I bet you make it to work on time!!!

Look up Indiggio. He drops off his son who teaches at same time and skis until 5pm or so all weekend. Oh yeah, don't offer to buy him breakfast either. It gets scary

Why is breakfast with indiggio scary?? I wonder if he gets new skis this year.