Zee Lights

skifreak

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They need to get decent production tonight, Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night to have a shot at next weekend.  This was the only strike they can afford.  

Looks like they were able to put more down at the base, so I'm going with @JFskiDan's hope that they were able to put more effort into Paradise and maybe Coming Soon.

Wish they would point the Valley cam back up Homestretch instead of showing the lift lines. (hint, hint).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Looks like they were able to put more down at the base, so I'm going with @JFskiDan's hope that they were able to put more effort into Paradise and maybe Coming Soon.

Wish they would point the Valley cam back up Homestretch instead of showing the lift lines. (hint, hint).

They were going full force for only about an hour last evening.  Then they had to do a total shutdown because a main broke at the burma/widowmaker intersection.  They repaired it through the night digging and welding and fired back up whenever GSS noticed this morning.  Should be all systems go from tonight on out barring anymore big problems.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, DiMe said:

They were going full force for only about an hour last evening.  Then they had to do a total shutdown because a main broke at the burma/widowmaker intersection.  They repaired it through the night digging and welding and fired back up whenever GSS noticed this morning.  Should be all systems go from tonight on out barring anymore big problems.

Insider knowledge??

7 minutes ago, Dirtwolf said:

Insider knowledge??

No, used to make snow and the job was in sight of the webcam.  Easy to tell what went wrong and what they were doing.  If it were an air line they could have still run the fan guns.  Total shutdown, emergency through night repair had to be a main water line.

Edited by DiMe

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

so hopefully they are telling the truth here.  

image.png.f357ac52ef30bd559e2c25566e52b454.png

That is def a lie.  Just look at the web cams compared to Shawnee, CBK, Elk and Montage.  I also watched the cams from 7pm - 2am.  However, they will have several more large windows like this in the forecast before Friday so I believe it's still happenin.

25 minutes ago, DiMe said:

That is def a lie.  Just look at the web cams compared to Shawnee, CBK, Elk and Montage.  I also watched the cams from 7pm - 2am.  However, they will have several more large windows like this in the forecast before Friday so I believe it's still happenin.

so you know for a fact they werent making snow on paradise, FF, and tuts?

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

so you know for a fact they werent making snow on paradise, FF, and tuts?

Considering the tubing hill shut down with everything else visible on the cams, I would assume not.  I do not know for a fact though.  Around 7 or 8pm they had what looked like nearly the entire mountain lit and then suddenly everything appear off until the repairs finished very early morning.

1 hour ago, Benm said:

I was pretty confident for next wknd but missing 8hr last night throws it all into doubt. I don't think they'll open.  

Based on the webcams and their FB reporting I think you’re wrong but maybe they open Saturday instead of Friday.  

Right now the wet bulb is above 28 and they’re blowing..very aggressive. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Based on the webcams and their FB reporting I think you’re wrong but maybe they open Saturday instead of Friday.  

Even have the older tower stick guns going on Main St. I don't think they want to be wrong (amd postpone) twice if they can at all help it

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I agree, theyre trying to make up for some lost time firing up a little early with more marginal conditions.  If the current forecast for the week holds I'm also confident they will open Fri or Sat as opposed to being unreasonably optimistic last week.