Zee Lights

skifreak

12 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

I don’t see much activity on Vista . I wonder if they are going to open the Valley lodge only?
Maybe a new strategy now that the 6pack is in? 

I thought that was gonna be their plan going forward, open the East side runs and start with the valley open and do away with opening up the Summit lodge first.

Once they got rid of the doubles, opening up Vista just with the Vista chair would be a nightmare like in prior years.

Edited by indiggio

2 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

I don’t see much activity on Vista . I wonder if they are going to open the Valley lodge only?
Maybe a new strategy now that the 6pack is in? 

Possibly waiting for Slopeside to close for the night?  The waterline issue was right at the point of Vista and Windowmaker possibly a valve they temped and dont have waterflow there right now?  We sha'll see shortly!  Lower Mainstreet stacking up and the puddle at the bottom is stsrting to freeze, just seen a UTV drive through its all slush.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

It's kind of odd, on the slopsode cam you can catch occasional snowclouds that make it look like they are blowing on Burma, but they aren't blowing on Vista or even the crossover from Come Around, so it would be puzzling that the would bother with Burma. Unless those clouds are from all the way down on Valley School..

Maybe they're just in one of their common inversions

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

It's kind of odd, on the slopsode cam you can catch occasional snowclouds that make it look like they are blowing on Burma, but they aren't blowing on Vista or even the crossover from Come Around, so it would be puzzling that the would bother with Burma. Unless those clouds are from all the way down on Valley School..

One thing for sure is, Vista was lit last night before they ran into issues.  Maybe because they lost so much time last nigh they are focusing on only opening with the quad?  The anticipation is killing me either way! 🫠

8 hours ago, enjoralas said:

I think the clouds are from the guns right in front of the SP building on the Main Street cam.
Blowing Burma at this point wouldn't make much sense.
Looks like they may be working all of Main Street and the guns at SP are just filling in that area.

So, possibly: Paradise, Sky Top, Tuts, Main Street, Home Stretch and (fingers crossed) Coming Soon?

Edited by indiggio

Am I wrong or has the weather forecast changed? It's showing Tues being sub 32 all day. I don't remember that being the case.

I'm a little more optimistic now - provided blue utilizes that time. That plus theyve stopped working on tubbin'

Edited by Benm

13 minutes ago, Benm said:

Am I wrong or has the weather forecast changed? It's showing Tues being sub 32 all day. I don't remember that being the case.

I'm a little more optimistic now - provided blue utilizes that time. That plus theyve stopped working on tubbin'

The forecast was a degree or so above for Tuesday,Wednesday. After Friday I don’t see any nights below freezing for four days and some rain ☹️

Waiting for the “Weather Weeklies “ video from Eastern Pa. Weather authority . He usually posts it earlier. Wondering if there was a change in long range? 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Benm said:

Ski you Friday :skilady:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Benm said:

daytime temps have been going colder the past few days.  good for us.  this was like wednesdays foecast.

image.png.d14a5ee6a9a95b8fb54e0bbd3dc21c23.png

i do find it a little odd Vista isnt getting the treatment.  Maybe there is more to the story than that one break we saw on cam, and its affecting snowmaking on Vista?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

daytime temps have been going colder the past few days.  good for us.  this was like wednesdays foecast.

image.png.d14a5ee6a9a95b8fb54e0bbd3dc21c23.png

i do find it a little odd Vista isnt getting the treatment.  Maybe there is more to the story than that one break we saw on cam, and its affecting snowmaking on Vista?

Probably.  My best guess at this point would be it was a isolation valve not holding thst they temp capped.  Which would potentially mean temporarily no water supply that direction until valve replaced.  Or possibly just reduced openining plan since they lost 12+ hours to ensure they open on the 1st.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Shows over.  see you Monday night.  

By Wednesday they’ll have enough to open…the challenge like most years will be staying open. Blue has to realize the next 36+ hour snowmaking window might be all they get then next couple weeks so they really have to focus their efforts.  I can’t imagine that kind of pep talk the snowmakers are getting from the top executive but it better be motivational and inspirational!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

By Wednesday they’ll have enough to open…the challenge like most years will be staying open. Blue has to realize the next 36+ hour snowmaking window might be all they get then next couple weeks so they really have to focus their efforts.  I can’t imagine that kind of pep talk the snowmakers are getting from the top executive but it better be motivational and inspirational!!!

After watching the video I posted the couple day warmup is temporary. December will be okay. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Kind of reminiscent of last year.  I think they just need to keep working on what they started.  
the 10 day doesnt look great, after friday, but that can change. 

• Like 1