Zee Lights

skifreak

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Heard they are closing Sunday.

No they arent toast.  pay attention.  

image.png.5011be4537b5c935b7286539856c0562.png

Other years they close with waaaaay more coverage.  i dont remember a year where they closed with like 4 trails open, barely holding on.  i mean, we have all skied some funny shit on some closing days, but in my recollection they have been over 50% open on the last day.  I dont how they are gonna patch the Titanic back together with some bubble gum and keep it a float.  Even i know when to give up.  i just dont understand their tactic here.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

No they arent toast.  pay attention.  

image.png.5011be4537b5c935b7286539856c0562.png

Other years they close with waaaaay more coverage.  i dont remember a year where they closed with like 4 trails open, barely holding on.  i mean, we have all skied some funny shit on some closing days, but in my recollection they have been over 50% open on the last day.  I dont how they are gonna patch the Titanic back together with some bubble gum and keep it a float.  Even i know when to give up.  i just dont understand their tactic here.  

I think announce that it will not be their closing day was a bad strategy but who knows what they might have up their sleeve. Groomer talk is this is closing weekend... tell @Benm to get on his radios and listen in.

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

Just now, toast21602 said:

I think announce that it will not be their closing day was a bad strategy but who knows what they might have up their sleeve. Groomer talk is this is closing weekend... tell @Benm to get on his radios and listen in.

Toast you gonna be at blue Sunday morning with your tall glass ready to fill with mimosas. 

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

@Dirtwolf gets much better reception.

• Like 1

i really think they want to be last to close. even if that means having just vista open.

temps aren't great next week for snowmaking, but the opportunity is there to squeak out one last wknd if they just patch up a run or two.  

are any other mtns still claiming they'll be open after this wknd?

28 minutes ago, Benm said:

i really think they want to be last to close. even if that means having just vista open.

temps aren't great next week for snowmaking, but the opportunity is there to squeak out one last wknd if they just patch up a run or two.  

Montage is trying. Their latest Faceplace post is talking about hoping for snowmaking temps this next week.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Benm said:

BB is throwing it in after this weekend.  JF is "we will see after this weekend"

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And I don’t want them to close, I just want closure and to be able to make some plans for next weekend.  

Skiing next weekend wont be worth the drive for me, imo.  This weekend is really just about Chili Mac on Sunday.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Benm said:

They have cared so little about being last to close in years past, i dont get it.  Or, maybe now that Peak isnt around to keep BB open, they want the cup.  whatever.  i think if they open monday, they have a good shot at claiming the cup.  

The interesting thing is the Easter egg hunt is the 24th, and we think its on Vista.  Im not sure if skiing on Vista, and having some kids running around looking for eggs is a really spectacular idea, but it sure does kind of sound like something Blue might do.  

• Boner City 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Benm said:

Elks last day for the public is this Saturday, Sunday employee party... Then it's over..

• Sad 2

So, they have removed the "this wont be our closing day" from todays FB post

image.png.780c8fcee12188afced93b3310a1c319.png

Also take note, you can buy your season pass today and ski free for the weekend.  Read that as, you can ski free this weekend, but not monday, and not next weekend, cause we aint gonna be open.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They’re still selling lift tickets for the 22-24

This is grate, maybe I'll ski Vista all day long so I can look for Easter eggs. I wonder what prizes you get, maybe a 7 pack of Captain Wafers??

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, saltyant said:

This is grate, maybe I'll ski Vista all day long so I can look for Easter eggs. I wonder what prizes you get, maybe a 7 pack of Captain Wafers??

First place a week hanging out with Matt Edge, second place a week hanging out with SaltyAnt and third place a week hanging out with Ski2Live.  

• Boner City 1

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

First place a week hanging out with Matt Edge, second place a week hanging out with SaltyAnt and third place a week hanging out with Ski2Live.  

I would probably go for third place. Matt Edge's worldly advice and wisdom would be life changing, but Ski2Live can probably get me some 50 cent coupons for Frontier Airlines.

• Boner City 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

giphy.gif

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1