New "No Outside Food" in the lodges policy

enjoralas

Guess I'll have to sneak my snacks in! Are you allowed to bring water in? If I bring my own PBJ, and buy French fries, can I sit at a table? It's just a hard thing to enforce, and may cause people who come there to consider going somewhere else next time. Especially if you are skiing with a couple of kids.

Guess I'll have to sneak my snacks in! Are you allowed to bring water in? If I bring my own PBJ, and buy French fries, can I sit at a table? It's just a hard thing to enforce, and may cause people who come there to consider going somewhere else next time. Especially if you are skiing with a couple of kids.

What do you care about what goes on in the lodge? You said you never go in there. I agree people shouldn't pile their personal coolers all over the lodge, but if a family wants to sit and eat their lunch they brought from home, they should be allowed to. That's the only way some people can afford to go.

I totally agree with JLaw and Tarponhead.

What do you care about what goes on in the lodge? You said you never go in there. I agree people shouldn't pile their personal coolers all over the lodge, but if a family wants to sit and eat their lunch they brought from home, they should be allowed to. That's the only way some people can afford to go. I totally agree with JLaw and Tarponhead.

Where else are you allowed to bring outside food? Can you bring outside food into a movie theater? A good chunk of ski resorts revenue is in food and beverages so by discouraging people from packing their own food it in theory promotes more people buying food. Blue is transitioning from a ski area to ski resort and most resorts you can't bring in your own food. For now they allow tailgating and that's a good thing.

This probably could have been handled a little better on their part.  

I do get where they are coming from, 60 tables in the lodge, 40 of them being used for "outside" food, while someone that just spent $20 on lunch cant find a place to sit and enjoy their deep fried gourmet goodness.  The very few times i went into the lodge at frost for lunch, i did have this happen a few times.  i think i ate once standing at the condiments table, at least i had endless ketchup for my fries.    

I'm not overly familiar with the top lodge at Blue, but i'm sure there could be some space shuffled around at the base to accomodate brown baggers.  At least make an attempt at an area all the complainers could go with their bag lunch.  I'm sure everyone that would use it would really respect it and not trash the shit out of it.  

At Brighton i noticed there was a sign on the Molly Green lodge that said something like "brown bag lodge" or something like that.  There was an area separate from the bar with tables and chairs, and a vending machine.  The sign on the door to the bar was pretty clearly written that no outside food was to be brought into the bar. Duh.  PS, the Milly burger over at the Millicent Chalet is delicious, i highly recommend that over something you could bring in a bad.  

Empanadas made mention that he thinks you are allowed to bring food into Disney.  If you are, i am positive you are not allowed to walk into the Main Street Cafe and park your ass down on one of the tables in that restaurant to enjoy the food you brought into their park.  Not sure how Blues policy is much different.  

Everyone will have a different take on this.  I sort of like the fact its pissing off the race moms.  

• Like 3

There used to be a room in the upper lodge for season pass holders only I think it was called the Sun room or Vista room but it's no more.

JFDan I looked it up and brown baggers at Disney world can eat at any table in the amusement park perhaps with the exception of a fine dining establishment.

There used to be a room in the upper lodge for season pass holders only I think it was called the Sun room or Vista room but it's no more.

JFDan I looked it up and brown baggers at Disney world can eat at any table in the amusement park perhaps with the exception of a fine dining establishment.

God damn you have alot of extra time on your hands for PASR research.  I would bet "eat at any table" means outdoor tables.  Just my guess.  

Edited by JFskiDan

I agree it is fun to piss off the race moms. Just feel this could be handled differently. I know when I started skiing, my kids were young, and they started skiing, as well. We would have been hard pressed to pay for lift tickets, rentals, and then pay for lunch, too. There should be an area set aside for brown baggers. I'm all for not allowing groups of coolers "reserving " a table, or putting 3 tables together with one person sitting there on their laptop or knitting or whatever saving those tables. Personally, for myself, I don't care. I eat before I go up there, ski for 3-4 hours and go home. I take snacks with me that can be eaten on the lift. They are making it harder for some people to go. Just because they changed their name from "ski area" to "resort" they are somehow better?

• Like 1

Disney allows any guest to eat packed food at any indoor or outdoor counter service restaurant. Actually have a ton of work to do and just procrastinating.

Which means you can can't walk into a restaurant and eat. Counter service is usually sit anywhere cafeteria style...pretty cool on Disney's part IMO to allow that.

Agreed that the security guard thing is stupid and just looks really bad. If you're going to be enforce it, do it during peak times when seating is limited. I get that. But if you have guards taking someone's Gatorade at 830 pm on a Tuesday night in March, that's just stupidly ridiculous.

A lodge isn't a restaurant.  A lodge is a place to buy your ticket, maybe rent your skis, and to suit up to ski and that has a food court attached to it.

Of course, you can't bring your PB&J into the slope side and plop down on at a nice table and eat it, but if you are telling me my only option is to herd my family through the fired food nightmare line on a crowded Saturday to give blue another $60 on top of the $180 in lift tickets, and that my vegetarian daughter will have to french fries and cardboard pizza, well, that's pretty crappy.

The day Blue bans tailgating in the lot, you know a donation button will go up on this site and the PASR SuperPAC will get that overturned.

Nah I'll just park at the top and hangout at slopeside.

A lodge isn't a restaurant.  A lodge is a place to buy your ticket, maybe rent your skis, and to suit up to ski and that has a food court attached to it.

Of course, you can't bring your PB&J into the slope side and plop down on at a nice table and eat it, but if you are telling me my only option is to herd my family through the fired food nightmare line on a crowded Saturday to give blue another $60 on top of the $180 in lift tickets, and that my vegetarian daughter will have to french fries and cardboard pizza, well, that's pretty crappy.

Being vegetarian is crappy lol. Can't you people who pack bring something better than PB&J lol

There is nothing stopping you from bringing the food to the mountain, they are stopping you from bringing it inside.  They should probably allow you to bring it in, but not take up space in the seating for the cafateria.  Again, its kind of unfair for someone who did purchase their food to be stuck without a table.  let the people that brown bag it stand by the lockers or put some tables in the restrooms.  

There are tables outside.  At this point, with the weather forecasted, you cant say "its too cold to sit outside."  You may however, bring this up in December.  

Oh yeah good point people can still eat at the outside tables. One thing I thought of was that all these people bringing their own food are adding to the amount of garbage in the garbage cans and when people leave behind crumbs is blue expected to clean off the tables that somebody used who didn't purchase food there. Anyway again I understand why Blue did this and I agree with it!!!

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich