3/4/17...nice snow..winter is back.

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at blue mountain the true mountain. In the house were Johnny law, JFDan, Slim, Root, Marty, Gary, Nastar Glenn, Atomic Jeff, Matt, matts friend, PARidge, NMSki and many others. Temperature were in the high teens and rose through the 20s with partly cloudy skies and increasing winds. I'll cut right to the chase and say that everything was nice...hats off to the snowmakers in 36 hours they turned things from zero to one hundred...real quick real quick.

Razors, challenge, nightmare, Main Street, Homestretch and many other runs all had fresh manmade. There were a decent amount of people..I can't say crowded and no real lift lines after the quad opened up. I think the chute and Widowmaker and the glades are the only things closed. Areas that were bare two days ago are now skiable..areas that were solid are now hero snow..there are whoop dee doos so check yourself before you wreck yourself. Had a few parking lot beers and now back in the A 33 degrees...I think it's gonna get really cold tonight but tomorrow should warm up faster than today...should be good...no sugar snow anymore woooooo

• Like 1

Today was awesome. Props to Blue for coming back from the dead.

PS sorry that I bailed early. I chose poorly at the turnstiles and my ass was about 30 or 40 people back in line. Clicked my skis off and called it a day. By that point I had a good number of excellent runs in so I was happy. Great day..I'm now convinced that blue can make it until the end of March.

I got to the mountain silly early because I was so stoked for winters temporary return and I took some pictures of the mountain in the dawns early light. At least 45 snow guns were blowing this morning and I couldn't even see what was happening up on the peak. Probably some Avalanche control work and whistle checks. post-512-0-78155100-1488652805_thumb.jpeg

post-512-0-26450000-1488652781_thumb.jpeg

post-512-0-12185600-1488652796_thumb.jpeg

Glad to see the weather cooperate for them and allow them to make some much needed fresh snow.

Speaking of Blue, I was at CE Roth in Allentown today getting fit for a tuxedo for a friends wedding. At the counter they had a Blue Mountain poster and I saw they were selling discount lift tickets. Who in the world would buy discount blue tickets at a tuxedo place lol

I love blue but today was real hard. Good conditions but kinda depressing. Parking lot lunch rocked though. Tomorrow should be better psych-wise. Just need a day or two to recalibrate

Blue was better than Mad River Glen today as they only had the practice slope open.

I'd love to be there tomorrow. I am going on this sweet trip to Utah. Hubby staying here working. Only fair I spent the weekend with him. Have fun and hope Blue open when I come home.

Have fun in Utah!!!

Take that attitude back to Utah.  Today was really freaking good.

He's emotional lol

Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey need to get those guns cranking. It's 14°.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked the webcams and no gun activity. Even if they don't blow just the snow from today groomed will be nice.

Had an epic nap earlier.

Just checked the webcams and no gun activity. Even if they don't blow just the snow from today groomed will be nice.

Had an epic nap earlier.

If they don't blow at all tonight, that's weak sauce, IMO. Skied at Camelback today and they had the guns on all day. Still on. They closed a few trails strategically for an all out assault, big whales on Bactrian, Upper Cleopatra and the bottom of Pharaoh.

Will be at Blue in the morning. Hope the snow is as good there tomorrow as it was slightly north today.