12/2-12/3 weekend roll call....

GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

I saw a guy in Scranton the night before Thanksgiving rollerblading around the hill section. Probably one of the more strange things I've seen this month. 

That was me 20+ years ago...I mainly went up and down hills on my rollerblades. Scariest hills I ever encountered were in Pittsburgh. 

Schif if you come to Blue this weekend I'll bring you a soft pretzel from WaWa. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks Captain Obvious!!!  

oddly enough, after i posted that, i called the ski shop in the valley, and he said "if we are open for skiing, then the shop is open 8-4.  If we are not open for skiing its 10-4."  Looks like not everybody that works there has "insider info".  

I was really hoping for upper main, but i guess there is still hope.  

Edited by JFskiDan

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

oddly enough, after i posted that, i called the ski shop in the valley, and he said "if we are open for skiing, then the shop is open 8-4.  If we are not open for skiing its 10-4."  Looks like not everybody that works there has "insider info".  

Let's see how fast it gets cold tonight and how much snow they can make Friday night. Would be amazing to avoid Come around and midway and dodge the human projectiles coming off midway..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Let's see how fast it gets cold tonight and how much snow they can make Friday night. Would be amazing to avoid Come around and midway and dodge the human projectiles coming off midway..

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Snowmakers blog says they're hoping for Upper Main

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Snowmakers blog says they're hoping for Upper Main

I would love that. As much as I am enjoying the early season, Midway was a pain in the ass to get down. I just spent a month rehabilitating my knee from a cycling injury and don't feel like messing up my knee this early in the season from those damned death cookies. But I think Upper Main would be in good shape since it's a straight shot down.

Edited by saltyant

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Upper Main is wider and doesn't get the traffic of midway. I bet the bump skiers are also chomping at the bit to have some seeded bumps on barneys. Wider skis stiffer longer skis are better in slush and death cookies!!!

Yeah, my entry level Elons aren't the greatest for sloppy conditions.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:23 PM, tarponhead said:

Nope. We got our ya yas out Sunday on Midway.

Yeah, the natural bumps on Midway in the early afternoon were spectacular.

They also provided a lot of headaches for the beginners that had no business being on the slope and thus a lot of entertainment for those spectating.

18 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, the natural bumps on Midway in the early afternoon were spectacular.

They also provided a lot of headaches for the beginners that had no business being on the slope and thus a lot of entertainment for those spectating.

Main Street lift rides are always entertaining in the early season.

• Like 1