12/16/17..tons of snowmaking..PASR day..chilly

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun Saturday at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the  lower lot around 728AM and JFDan was already there and also in the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, Johnny Law, Nastar Glenn, Ryan, Justo, GSSucks, Enjorales, Enjorales dad, Ty, Indiggio, Rodney, MBike Mike, Mrs. Snowbunski and many more.  

Temperatures were around ten degrees to start and rose through the teens. First run was challenge..I easystyled it as it was solid..and cookes but double diamond terrain what what. Main Street was the run of the day at least early on. Was nice cord on the top half and chalky on the low half. There was a fog layer around lower terrain run which made things spicy. Paradise is open as well and will get good in a day or two but the typical first day roughness. 

Lazy mile has good snow and is crazy mile with the race team doing their snakes..the falls got steeper over the summer and Burma got longer I kid I kid but Burma and back was fun and then I skied a lot more Main Street runs and finished out on lazy to the falls to the men's room to the parking lot to dank beers..and tomorrow will be more of the same and conditions should even be better and will be a little warmer. 

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

• Like 4

I think everyone that has met JLaw has a huge man crush on him....the parking lot wasn't the same without him.

Conditions on Main St and Lazy were very good.  Challenge/Paradise were cookied up as they saw their first trax of the seasons today.  I guess I was the first civilian down PA's second best double diamond.

• Like 2

Just rolled home, bugged out around 1:30pm or so.  
Poor Ty got coerced into seeding Barney's after all the other grooming they had to do.  Mad props to him and the groomers!
First runs down Barney's were spectacular with the fresh snow being pushed into bumps.  Unfortunately it didn't take long for that to be scraped off down to the hard pack.
The inside line beside the bumps had nice, scraped snow which made for some good half-bump skiing.

The edges of Main Street and the sides of Lazy had the best snow overall and it was tough leaving them, but the thighs are on fire after doing a bunch of t2b Barney's runs and then doing both sides of Main street. 

Challenge is gonna need more snow and lots of grooming to grind up those marbles!

I thought first runs down Paradise were pretty good, but there were a few ruts that you had to watch out for.

• Like 3

Cold day. Definitely need to work on my gear situation a little.

got first.5 chair. Pretty sure tarpon and his crew were 2nd along with jlaw. Took a nice little rest on the steps.

look.... this isnt some obscure mountain in the souther rockies. You dont get to be a little 'slow' with character. Its a ski area around large metropolitan areas. Its the little things. Get it together

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the kind words today was super dope, one of my best ski days ever.

Injuries are never fun and not skiing sucks hairy donkey dick. I never doubted I'd ski this year but not drinking at 1030am and hanging out with you losers adds some extra suck.

Snow today was excellent and paradise/challenge were a sweet bonus. It's most excellent to be back.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Folks think there will be a bunch more open tomorrow? Seemed to be making lots of snow on all but 3 of the closed trails.

I don't think anymore terrain tomorrow. They aggressively got challenge and paradise open today..maybe lower sidewinder and Central Park for tomorrow. Will take some time for sidewinder and razors to open and then they'll finish up with nightmare dream weaver, widow maker, chute and switchback 

7 hours ago, tarponhead said:

Not me, on a family trip. I’ll be there Monday Tuesday hopefully. You undoubtably saw Indiggio who always makes one of the first few chairs

Yeah we were next, but BM had yet another open debacle.

Evidently the gates "opened" at 8, leaving everyone through (maybe they're on a schedule?), but after the first chair, they stopped everyone else from loading because SP hadn't officially opened the mountain.  We all stood there for another 5 minutes or so until Bob got word that the mountain was open and allowed us to load.