12/20/17 - Ice, ice, baby...

indiggio

Just got back from a not real fun morning session at Blue.  Cresting the ridge, the temp was 39' and 37' as I rolled into the lot around 8:15am with nobody else in sight.

Walking out to the lift, the slow, wet snow of yesterday had set up hard, even though the temps aren't that cold.

As I rode up the 6, a boarder patroller was coming down Challenge and I could hear the expected conditions.
I took a run down Paradise, which had very hard cord but also a tilled area chock full of marbles.  It was either fight through them or slide on the ice
Next run down Lazy was pretty much identical to Paradise.

Over on Main, the bumps were icebergs, so I didn't even bother venturing into them.   The main section of Main street was total frozen cord.

Challenge was also icy hard and rocket fast.  That girl from yesterday would have easily broke her speed goal today.

I was looking out for Mom and SallyCat all morning, but I didn't see either before bugging out around 11am.

Unless you like ice skating, today was a far cry from the past two.   Hopefully it's cold enough tonight and tomorrow for them to blow some snow.

Also, at the base, it sure smelled like the BBQ truck was cooking up some meat as the aroma was wafting past much like when the Waffle Hut is going.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice report. Indiggio are you off work this week? 

Thanks!  I learned from the best.

Yup.  Use it or lose it.

19 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yes, amazingly shitty today. Compared to last Sunday - night and day. Yeah, it's all groomed, but it's also all frozen. My friends are cursing nonstop, I survive, but it could've been more fun.

Welcome them to the Ice Coast!

Edited by indiggio

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Dont scare SaltyAnt or he won't go skiing tomorrow night.  

I find ice fun, to an extent. But when I'm on a black diamond that's just all ice, I feel like I'm going to skid down sideways at 50+ MPH. But if there are small piles of sugar snow, it can be fun to ski from pile to pile.

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You can, just don't be dumb like me and lose your gift card on the lift.

Bahahahaha that was hilarious. I'm surprised you didn't put that away in your wallet.  I lost my key card to my hotel room once and got a new one at the front desk and the next day I came to work and it was on the grass by my car..I was shake shake shaking my Herman. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Bahahahaha that was hilarious. I'm surprised you didn't put that away in your wallet.  I lost my key card to my hotel room once and got a new one at the front desk and the next day I came to work and it was on the grass by my car..I was shake shake shaking my Herman. 

It was pretty devastating. That gift card will be buried in the snow until next winter because Camelback made so much snow that they're buried in it.