Trivia Tuesday

enjoralas

Lol, just out of frame to the right at the bar. Round 3 was actually a  perfect 10 out of 10. 9 out of 10 in round 4. Probably back to 3 behind. Gonna come down to the final category, and especially the final question. 

Final question category is music tho,  so I'm  probably boned. 

Edited by enjoralas

4 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Off to a terrible start. Haven't gotten the results yet, but as a child of the 90s, I am ashamed at how poorly I did in round 1, 90's fads.

Koosh ball, slap bracelet????  Crystal Pepsi..you can find me in the 90s bro playing sonic the hedgehog and pumping up my Reebox

12 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Like, 6th place or something, 14 teams tonight. I am 99.99999999% sure the top 3 teams all cheated on the final question. Don't care about losing, but can't stand feeling that I lost to cheaters. First time it's felt like a wasted night.

I think I caught the last question there. Invasion in Saving Private Ryan? How did they cheat?

2 hours ago, eaf said:

I think I caught the last question there. Invasion in Saving Private Ryan? How did they cheat?

That was the last question of regular play, and easy. The Final Question was “The soundtrack from this movie is still the highest selling soundtrack of all time.”

It defies logic that out of 14 teams the only 3 that knew the answer were the 3 large groups all sitting together in the middle of the room and appear to be very close friends. At the very least I think they shared the answer, and I’d bet at least one of them googled.

28 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

That was the last question of regular play, and easy. The Final Question was “The soundtrack from this movie is still the highest selling soundtrack of all time.”

It defies logic that out of 14 teams the only 3 that knew the answer were the 3 large groups all sitting together in the middle of the room and appear to be very close friends. At the very least I think they shared the answer, and I’d bet at least one of them googled.

That's super common..at bar trivia people often cheat.  It's hard for people to get caught. I don't think anybody would have known the Bodyguard. 

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

What was the answer? My guess is Titanic, though my second choice would be a soundtrack I owned, Space Jam. 

Edited by Schif

4 minutes ago, Schif said:

I had it on CD, I guess my parents were progressive like that. I had some cassettes but this wasn't one of them. 

Wow you had a CD player young.  I knew some kids who had CD discman as early as like 1992 and the first time I used a CD was in 1997 when my Dell computer could play CDs and I didn't have a CD player in my car until like 2001

2 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

You're properly old when you've purchased a bunch of your music three times: LP, cassette, and CD.

Is an LP the same as a record??  It's nice never having to purchase music thanks to YouTube.  The last CD I bought was around 2004 or earlier. I never had many CDs, maybe 15 total.