Itching to buy it. Tell me not to!

eaf

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

$250 socks lolz.  i thought posters were joking posting that bullshit but they were serious lol.  i wouldnt be surprised if we see a PASR with real gold plated skis in the future

Gold is too soft. Platinum is more like it. 

• Like 1

Hey, at least this forum has some good 170 jokes in store for the next few days. I'm happy that my forgetting to check the length prior to swiping my credit card due to overwhelming excitement for new RTMs has brought joy to so many.
Did you know owner that 170 is the smallest n for which φ(n) and σ(n) are both square(64 and 324 respectively). But 170 is never a solution for φ(x), making it a nontotient. Nor is it ever a solution to x - φ(x), making it a noncototient.

Also 170 is the maximum check-out possible in a standard game of darts (where the final score must be a double). It consists of two treble-twenties and a double-bullseye.[3]
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did you know owner that 170 is the smallest n for which φ(n) and σ(n) are both square(64 and 324 respectively). But 170 is never a solution for φ(x), making it a nontotient. Nor is it ever a solution to x - φ(x), making it a noncototient.

Also 170 is the maximum check-out possible in a standard game of darts (where the final score must be a double). It consists of two treble-twenties and a double-bullseye.[3]

ok.

1 minute ago, SallyCat said:

Don't you worry about your 170s Salty, I've seen the PASRs with long skis. They only have one technique and finish their runs really fast. 

Good point, thanks. I like to take my time getting down the mountain to savor the moments. I'm in no rush like those with long skis.

ok.
OK as in OK you want more? Sure!

The Embraer 170 is a two-engine narrow-body jetliner manufactured by the Brazilian company Embraer - Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica. Embraer 170 is another airplane from the family of two-engine, narrow-body jets manufactured by the Brazilian company Embraer – Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica. In our fleet, it is used for domestic and long-distance flights. It owes its high performance to winglets at the wing tips that reduce air resistance and engines that meet strict noise standards. It takes up to 70 passengers on board.

The high-performance and efficient engines comply with the most rigorous noise standards, allowing this aircraft to fly to major airports in Europe and world-wide. Despite its regional character, travellers have a spacious cabin and large hand luggage compartments at their disposal to substantially improve the comfort of travel.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

OK as in OK you want more? Sure!

The Embraer 170 is a two-engine narrow-body jetliner manufactured by the Brazilian company Embraer - Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica. Embraer 170 is another airplane from the family of two-engine, narrow-body jets manufactured by the Brazilian company Embraer – Empresa Brasileira de Aeronáutica. In our fleet, it is used for domestic and long-distance flights. It owes its high performance to winglets at the wing tips that reduce air resistance and engines that meet strict noise standards. It takes up to 70 passengers on board.

The high-performance and efficient engines comply with the most rigorous noise standards, allowing this aircraft to fly to major airports in Europe and world-wide. Despite its regional character, travellers have a spacious cabin and large hand luggage compartments at their disposal to substantially improve the comfort of travel.

Thanks, but as far as commuters go I prefer the Embraer ERJ-145 because if you're lucky enough to get a seat on the left side of the fuselage, you don't have to sit by anyone which makes the flight sa weet. It's like being in first class for poor people.

image.png.6b5cdaf3bc3768e9f7d1a88df500e1f7.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

The Embraer 170 is a two-engine narrow-body jetliner manufactured by the Brazilian company Embraer

No shit, I used to work at a tiny airport managing a car rental company outpost and those were the biggest 'planes that came in. We just called them "Brazilians" but we hated them because they came in late Friday night from Boston and New York and our company's 800 number relentlessly overbooked our cars. So we would know exactly how many passengers on each Brazilian we had to disappoint by telling them we had no car for them and neither did anyone else. Then we waited for the yelling.  I still have a visceral reaction to those 'planes. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

No shit, I used to work at a tiny airport managing a car rental company outpost and those were the biggest 'planes that came in. We just called them "Brazilians" but we hated them because they came in late Friday night from Boston and New York and our company's 800 number relentlessly overbooked our cars. So we would know exactly how many passengers on each Brazilian we had to disappoint by telling them we had no car for them and neither did anyone else. Then we waited for the yelling.  I still have a visceral reaction to those 'planes. 

That's so shady. You can't imagine how irate I would be after a long flight and having no rental car despite having made a reservation, so I don't blame the people for yelling. It's the worst when you're stuck between bad upper management policies and angry customers.

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Oh, I don't have to imagine. I spent three years getting yelled at every Friday over something that I persistently tried to correct but ultimately couldn't control. 

Is that company still in business? I don't understand how companies can treat people like cattle and expect to continue getting business.

I've flown way too many miles on an E145.  The only good seats are exit row, everything else is too tight.  I've banged my head the exit signs on the ceiling enough times that I don't remember how many times anymore.

The E170,175,190s are the best regional (and mainline) narrow body planes flown, IMO.  Full size overhead bins, 2x2 seating in Y, 1x2 in F, and a cabin designed to prevent airlines from jamming too many seats in a row.  Ever fly a 10 abreast 777?  Airline equivalent of hell.

• Like 1