Itching to buy it. Tell me not to!

eaf

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Not surprising though. I've ridden with so many people that want to lift the bar the moment the chair crests the mountain and the landing comes into view.
I usually keep my skis on the footrests just to annoy people who want to lift it so soon.
The other day I had some girls freaking out as I kept my skis on the footrest to the very last support.

I've ridden with people like that. I guess they forget that the lift slows down to a crawl at the top?

9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

it's ok to write Fuck.  I'm actually offended by censorship. 

The censorship is an unfortunate teacher habit. You may, however,  regret opening the "Sally is allowed to say fuck" floodgate.  I am known on campus as the most dangerous faculty member to sit next to in faculty meetings. (And yet I never sit alone, because I have fucking awesome colleagues.)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SallyCat said:

The censorship is an unfortunate teacher habit. You may, however,  regret opening the "Sally is allowed to say fuck" floodgate.  I am known on campus as the most dangerous faculty member to sit next to in faculty meetings. (And yet I never sit alone, because I have fucking awesome colleagues.)

Fuck yeah!

8 hours ago, SallyCat said:

I guess you don't wanna quit anymore.  Allentown school district is hiring English as a second language teachers FYI

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Did you demo the 17/18 Monster?  They softened the tip ~10% over the 16/17 flavor.

I also don't like this years graphics.

If I understand this guy correctly, and he's really rushing it, the construction of Monsters is different, depending on the width. Up to 88 they put graphene under the boot, after that they put it near the tips and tails. That's hilarious. On one hand he's talking about making tips softer in 2017/2018, and on another they have an extra levels in tips and tails just to make them stiffer.

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

guess you don't wanna quit anymore.

I tried to quit in December but my boss talked me out of it. So I'm quitting in June. Last day of teaching: June 12!

Can't jack a thread that's been mugged eleventy-thousand times. 

Here:

I just got Volkl RTM 84s in 172. That should piss somebody off...I forget who hates RTM talk....

9 hours ago, eaf said:

If I understand this guy correctly, and he's really rushing it, the construction of Monsters is different, depending on the width. Up to 88 they put graphene under the boot, after that they put it near the tips and tails. That's hilarious. On one hand he's talking about making tips softer in 2017/2018, and on another they have an extra levels in tips and tails just to make them stiffer.

I have no idea what your trying to say but different skis within the same line may have different glass, a 22oz triax is not the same as a 18oz biax so if you go with a really hardcore glass you perhaps don't need metal or full metal. The shiro is a non-metal ski that doesn't ski like a non-metal ski because of alot of reasons one of which is a pretty harcore application of glass. Also not all 22oz triax is the same.

Graphene is pretty cool shit but it ain't going to make anyone ski considerably better, I can get a 2x4 down the shittiest bunch of rotten rock strewn snow, AS could get that same 2x4 making 11m radius turns because at least in little areas were good at, the ski matters and also doesn't matter at all.

For those that don't get the RTM hate, I'd explain it like this. Did whomever make a rational, reasonable, decision to purchase 170 RTM's ? Is it a well made ski that will suit you as you improve ?

Sure..... but your still a loser because those skis are loved by Jerrys. LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I have no idea what your trying to say but different skis within the same line may have different glass, a 22oz triax is not the same as a 18oz biax so if you go with a really hardcore glass you perhaps don't need metal or full metal. The shiro is a non-metal ski that doesn't ski like a non-metal ski because of alot of reasons one of which is a pretty harcore application of glass. Also not all 22oz triax is the same.

Graphene is pretty cool shit but it ain't going to make anyone ski considerably better, I can get a 2x4 down the shittiest bunch of rotten rock strewn snow, AS could get that same 2x4 making 11m radius turns because at least in little areas were good at, the ski matters and also doesn't matter at all.

For those that don't get the RTM hate, I'd explain it like this. Did whomever make a rational, reasonable, decision to purchase 170 RTM's ? Is it a well made ski that will suit you as you improve ?

Sure..... but your still a loser because those skis are loved by Jerrys. LOL

Are you calling Salty a Jerry lol or Sally

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1