2/8 Bitchfest

AtomicSkier

I'll start with the positive.  The conditions were very close to my favorite.  Rock solid.  Paradise was the ROTD for me.  Super fast and scraped off.

What am I'm really annoyed about?  That Blue has now either closed or put stupid shit on most of the good runs.  Razors?  Closed for all 6 people in the Thursday night race clinic.  Dreamweaver?  Holy shit I came cranking down Nightmare only to be shocked by the roller coaster berms on Dreamweaver.  Unskiiable.  Challenge?  Less than half width due to Bumps.  Nightmare?  Half width with bumps.

WTF Blue.  That leaves Sidewinder, Main Street (which....has bumps) and Switchback.  I was kinda hoping I got stopped on Paradise because I was going to unleash on someone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shadows said:

Hear hear!

i definitely think they should stop doing events that only invlove clubs on weekends. 

And dont do skipo training on weekends either. 

Yea...that too.  They were training tonight on Challenge, too.  8pm on a Thursday night?  Fine.  8am on a Saturday?  Not fine, unless you like 6 of the best skiers on the mountain barreling down on you.

• Like 2

There's no reason to have the shit on Dreamweaver, that's yet another BMR demand who we all know run Blue.
BMR is slowly taking control of all the slopes, they're like little kids.  Whenever anyone wants something, they scream "Mine!", use it for a day, then wait for the next complaint.

Why they bothered to put bumps on Challenge at this time is anyone's guess, since they now bumped up Chute, there's plenty for all levels.
The sun angle is still too low in February and they get boilered out fast and the lower part is still in the shade practically the entire day.
They should have left Challenge alone until the end of February when crowds begin to thin out.
Hell!  We want them to bump up Race...er, Widowmaker so there's a run all the way down and into Chute, but BMR won't give up that run either.  Mine!!

They really should have done away with Nightmare bumps as well and put some in the proper place (afternoon sun) on Sidewinder.
Although that run does get nice in the afternoons now, it's just way too short to be that much fun.
Sidewinder is plenty wide enough to accommodate a few lines of bumps and loads of people concurrently.  
They could have at least tried it to gauge the level of acceptance, now that it's no longer a full on park.

If you really don't like it Jeff, get on Blue's FB page and bitch about Challenge and tell them to instead bump up Sidewinder where there's afternoon sun.
I'll have your back on it!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, guitar73 said:

and they don't have that at blue mtn anymore. 

You know what else Blue or anyone else for that matter has anymore? Half pipes. Not that I miss them or anything but with the olympics coming up you remember that those existed back in the day. RIP Sno Mountain's gigantic entirely snow super pipe. Best million dollars they ever spent. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Weren't half pipes kind of hard to maintain in our freeze/ thaw cycle we always get? 

It required a ton of snow, only a handful of people had the skill to use it and they rarely groomed it despite having a $200,000 Zaugg pipe groomer. No idea about freeze thaw cycles. In Vermont there are regular freeze thaws and most resorts up there have half pipes. 

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It required a ton of snow, only a handful of people had the skill to use it and they rarely groomed it despite having a $200,000 Zaugg pipe groomer. No idea about freeze thaw cycles. In Vermont there are regular freeze thaws and most resorts up there have half pipes. 

I think it was the amount of snow necessary to maintain it, that and they had it in the valley which has a hard enough time maintaining snow.

Anyone go over the jumps today?  The run in hill was STEEEP and so was the first landing!