Boreal. FFS

SallyCat

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah but I'm just saying that those jobs you show up and do your work and don't have to think about it when you're not at work.  I think about work a lot when I'm not there. 

Yeah, I know what you're saying. That's exactly the kind of job I want for a year. Sort myself out, see what the future holds, have free time that's actually free. 

1 hour ago, RootDKJ said:

Taxes are lower in NH across the board, but there's plenty more reasons than that.

https://freestateproject.org/about/101-reasons-move-new-hampshire/list?field_fsp_nh_advantage_category_tid=All

I won't have health insurance, so I need to look at states with expanded Medicaid/ACA. So communally-minded VT is a better bet than libertarian NH in my circumstance. 

Also, this is weird:

"Legislator Compensation  New Hampshire legislators are only paid a salary of $100 per year, helping ensure the existence of a citizen legislature committed to public service."

Actually, what it may mean is that you can't be in the state leg unless you can support yourself financially. So the interests of wealthier people are more likely to be represented,. And if the position has no source of income, legislators are potentially more likely to seek ways to profit externally from their offices. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Yeah, I know what you're saying. That's exactly the kind of job I want for a year. Sort myself out, see what the future holds, have free time that's actually free. 

Whatever you call the person stocking the shelves at the grocery store....i keep looking at that job like the stress factor on that would be pretty low.  9-5 (or some similar set hours), dairy didnt get delivered that day?  not his fault.  a catastrophe might be having to clean up a dozen eggs that hit the ground by accident?  My job keeps me awake at night.  Often.  And, thanks to the invention of the smartphone, i can even be at work, even when im not at work.  Awesome.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Whatever you call the person stocking the shelves at the grocery store....i keep looking at that job like the stress factor on that would be pretty low.  9-5 (or some similar set hours), dairy didnt get delivered that day?  not his fault.  a catastrophe might be having to clean up a dozen eggs that hit the ground by accident?  My job keeps me awake at night.  Often.  And, thanks to the invention of the smartphone, i can even be at work, even when im not at work.  Awesome.  

I'm jealous of people with those sorts of jobs. We got 31 finished memorial stones delivered to us today and the one that's most important is inscribed wrong and has to be repolished and re-inscribed and I told this customer I would send pictures on Thursday.  Customer is as type A as it gets....

my customers and dealers are sneaky about getting my cell phone number as well.  It's really annoying. 

6 minutes ago, Shadows said:

the only thing good about shitty jobs are the low responsibility. literally nothing else is good.

I always liked being a telemarketer. I don't mind having some responsibility at my job because the rest of my life I have none. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I'm seriously considering moving to Sacramento, CA. It's not insanely expensive and has easy access to the Sierras but with the advantages of a decent-sized city. A town with a university is always a good bet for me because I can adjunct and pick up temp work in their office pool. Then if I wanted to get back into prep school teaching, it's a good region, because holy cow do those tech people have a lot of money to spend on tuition. Photo Booth.app.zip

Also feeling a lot less sweary, today. The flight isn't full, so I have a whole row to myself and I think the steward forgot to charge me for this beer. I think I'll arrive in Newark early enough to only have to drive home in rain, not snow. 

5a9f04a07edde_Photoon3-6-18at1.02PM2.thumb.jpg.5d2996a8960ff53a66521af2694eca07.jpg

• Like 1

When I was in Jackson Hole the local news had a story about the population boom happening in Utah. Was pretty surprised to see how quickly it's growing. Don't blame them. Shit UT is on my radar.

The news in Jackson hole was the best! Michael Autovino was my favorite news personality. (I woke up really early every day)0e33a8545f28c84f9ec9903e9b3afaf5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1