Sign in to follow this  
rummy

Octoberfest

This weekend, Saturday and Sunday is Octoberfest at Elk.

You're all cordially invited.  Practice riding the Elk Wagon, and take an exceedingly slow ride to the mountain top and enjoy the scenery.

The Beer is Cold.....

• Like 1

My weekend is insane, otherwise sounds like a lot fun. Rummy I'll definitely have to catch up with you on Elk PASR day.

Funny story. Was talking through my vacation day situation with my wife earlier; and to quote her "aren't you taking a day to go to that place? What's it called again... Moose?" haha

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

My weekend is insane, otherwise sounds like a lot fun. Rummy I'll definitely have to catch up with you on Elk PASR day.

Funny story. Was talking through my vacation day situation with my wife earlier; and to quote her "aren't you taking a day to go to that place? What's it called again... Moose?" haha

Moose can also be considered "Snö" since that was their awesome mascot. NOT as cool as Gritty. 

54 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

How is your vacation day situation??

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
How is your vacation day situation??

Excellent. How's yours? You coming to ski moose with everyone?

I have as much as I want..and I’m never skiing Elk. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have as much as I want..and I’m never skiing Elk. 

Why? Ve... Elk is great!

What are the local apres-ski watering holes/bars one could pop in after a day at Elk fest? I know Chet's, how about LIft Inn (if it hasn't fallen down yet), Candlelight, Arlo's and one more I can't remember.

I was at Elk's Oktoberfest a few years ago. Very fun way to spend a day 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Slow lifts...shorter runs than blue..expensive...long drive...

The runs are not shorter at Elk. They have better terrain and more expert trails than Blue.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

The runs are not shorter at Elk. They have better terrain and more expert trails than Blue.

They’re most definitely shorter than at blue.  I’ve been to both places the same weekend. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, trackbiker said:

Doug thinks he knows everything. Not worth the argument. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trackbiker said:

Stop.  :deadhorse:

44 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They’re most definitely shorter than at blue.  I’ve been to both places the same weekend. 

It doesnt matter which runs are shorter, wider, longer, steeper, more like Vermont, etc.  No skiing at Octoberfest.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

It doesnt matter which runs are shorter, wider, longer, steeper, more like Vermont, etc.  No skiing at Octoberfest.  

Good point most of us won’t drive all the way to elk for skiing why would we go to octoberfest.  

28 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What run was that on??  I call bullshit.  

Susquehanna. Its very wide and there was no one around. It was officially logged on my SkiTracks app which I verified to be accurate by comparison to car spedometer. You can check my Elk TR from last year for definite unrefutable proof

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Susquehanna. Its very wide and there was no one around. It was officially logged on my SkiTracks app which I verified to be accurate by comparison to car spedometer. You can check my Elk TR from last year for definite unrefutable proof

How long is the drive from Hazletob to Elk?

7 hours ago, Old Geezer said:

What are the local apres-ski watering holes/bars one could pop in after a day at Elk fest? I know Chet's, how about LIft Inn (if it hasn't fallen down yet), Candlelight, Arlo's and one more I can't remember.

Chets is always #1, the Lift has a new sign ;-) (haven't been there in years). Candlelight is under new ownership, foods good, large selection. Arlos will probably have some entertainment and good sammies etc.  There's a new place near Arlos called the Speakeasy, heard it's pretty good.

The Stonebridge Inn and Restaurant is closed, looking for new ownership.The Beacon bar and grille on 171 near Union Dale may be the other you're thinking of. 

Going upscale,  Oliveris at Crystal lake is quite an experience but make reservations and always get the chefs' choice.