Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GrilledSteezeSandwich

Thursday night roll call thread...

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

50 / 50 tonight now. 10pm close correct?

Correct (I guess). It's pretty good, very fast hardpack with a thin layer of sugar. Homestretch is pretty deep and gnarly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great day of riding this morning.  Rode from 8:30-11:00 with vtmark.  Had to be off the slopes by 11:00 at the latest and we run into shadows at 10:55, hopefully take some runs with him this weekend.  Some of the best and coldest conditions of the season.  Blowing was still going when we left.  Blowing on razors, lower park, half pipe run, and fan guns at intersections all over the mountain 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You still got that crap board? Anytime you want to bring up a second board/boots I'll shred with you.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to Blue at noon, moments later @Shadows walks out to his car. 

Good skiing. Main was great, so was Lazy/Falls. Left at 2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Shadows said:

You still got that crap board? Anytime you want to bring up a second board/boots I'll shred with you.

Nice I can make that happen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got there around 1115 and skied til around 230. Nice job on Razors, lots of snow on it. Everything was pretty good considering the crap weather we’ve been having. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shadows said:

You still got that crap board? Anytime you want to bring up a second board/boots I'll shred with you.

 

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Nice I can make that happen 

Hopefully im there for this. WTGAI shadows.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and people saying Blue blew a lot of snow on Razors..whatever you’re smoking can I have some of it..gosh...they wanted to get it open by Saturday and the head groomer said no way it needs a lot more snow...all the wind today snowmaking production was not great.  Also the Urea they sprayed on falls made it about the iciest I’ve ever seen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens when someone slides into a tree on a trail they purposely made icy

Edited by Shadows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shadows said:

What happens when someone slides into a tree on a trail they purposely made icy

I don’t know but I’ve never seen Indiggio check his speed so much before the falls.  It was spicy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh and people saying Blue blew a lot of snow on Razors..whatever you’re smoking can I have some of it..gosh...they wanted to get it open by Saturday and the head groomer said no way it needs a lot more snow...all the wind today snowmaking production was not great.  Also the Urea they sprayed on falls made it about the iciest I’ve ever seen. 

The wind is doing them no favors.

4 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Icey?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t know but I’ve never seen Indiggio check his speed so much before the falls.  It was spicy. 

The only 2 times I was off my board were the ten yards before the knuckle of falls and sliding my ass down falls....SMH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, antman12 said:

The only 2 times I was off my board were the ten yards before the knuckle of falls and sliding my ass down falls....SMH.

Still no falls this season for me not even on the falls..knocking on my hardwood floors three times and I did a little hot dogging today.  

 

I didn’t see Salty until more than an hour into my session today but there were at least 500 salty lookalikes ranging in age from 11 to 47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, saltyant said:

Correct (I guess). It's pretty good, very fast hardpack with a thin layer of sugar. Homestretch is pretty deep and gnarly.

hardpack?  That was sugar on fucking ice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t know but I’ve never seen Indiggio check his speed so much before the falls.  It was spicy. 

The only reason I speed checked was because there were people sliding down on their asses (probably Antman :-)) the first time over.
I didn't want to hit anyone, so speed check was a must.

Chute was the same.  I came over the lip and there was a boarder sitting right there in the middle of the slope.

Pocono powder scraped off down to ice and a million stupid high school kids with no ability to negotiate the conditions made for one interesting evening at Blue.

Edited by indiggio
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, indiggio said:


 

 

Pocono powder scraped off down to ice and a million stupid high school kids with no ability to negotiate the conditions made for one interesting evening at Blue.

That is what I forgot in my T.R., when I left at 11am yesterday I saw at a tour bus in the valley lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zzslope said:

That is what I forgot in my T.R., when I left at 11am yesterday I saw at a tour bus in the valley lot.

The buses were crazy last night!
I came around the bottom corner on Mountain Drive to see what had to be like 20+ of them in the auxiliary lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, indiggio said:

The buses were crazy last night!
I came around the bottom corner on Mountain Drive to see what had to be like 20+ of them in the auxiliary lot.

Yeeeeaaaa, They were a slight buzz kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×