2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

It was windy as hell, the only lift running in the gondola area was Arrow which goes nowhere.

Thanks for the tips, I had a great 3 days at WP. Those runs yesterday in foot deep powder in the Parsenn Bowl were the best and most memorable of my life!

Who was it that recommended that you go to WP again?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ahhh it’s $179 you probably make that in a half hour as a lawyer. 

Nowhere near that, and I am on salary not hourly. But I am one of those lawyers who works under 40 hrs a week and prioritizes time to spend with family, time to ski, time to play music, etc over maximizing my income. Positions like that are a lot harder to come by than ones that pay the kind of rate you are quoting and expect 100 hr work weeks. I make enough to do the things I want to do if I budget wisely, and have enough free time to do them.

You could not pay me enough to make it worth spending 100 hr weeks lawyering, unless it was enough that I could do it for a year then retire. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

At Loveland a half day is like $15 less than a full day and the slow lifts eat up a lot of time.  

Starting this skison there is a high speed quad that accesses some blue and black runs. I learned that from a trail map I got at the Silver Inn lobby while eating self cooked cajun steak at The Mint.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Nowhere near that, and I am on salary not hourly. But I am one of those lawyers who works under 40 hrs a week and prioritizes time to spend with family, time to ski, time to play music, etc over maximizing my income. Positions like that are a lot harder to come by than ones that pay the kind of rate you are quoting and expect 100 hr work weeks. I make enough to do the things I want to do if I budget wisely, and have enough free time to do them.

You could not pay me enough to make it worth spending 100 hr weeks lawyering, unless it was enough that I could do it for a year then retire. 

That’s the life. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Who was it that recommended that you go to WP again?

I think GrilledSteezeSandwich did...

image.png.06f168d651307e9bff0d01fd85110b07.png

... just kidding @RidgeRacer, your description of the Parsenn Bowl and endless groomed blue runs is what sold me on Winter Park. Thanks!!!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Nice gotta have a work life balance...not many lawyers work 30something hours a week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Definitely agree with you on this 100%

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Starting this skison there is a high speed quad that accesses some blue and black runs. I learned that from a trail map I got at the Silver Inn lobby while eating self cooked cajun steak at The Mint.

Yup but the best Loveland terrain is to lookers right of the new high speed.  Loveland is nice though and should be quiet on a weekday. I’ve been there on a weekend and was like 3rd or 4th row in the lot at 830am

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I’ve been to the Mint before..how much was the steak?  I sat at the bar and had them make the steak for me.  I’m not paying $30 for a steak to cook it myself. Now if it was Fondue would be a different story..I like to call it Fundue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yup but the best Loveland terrain is to lookers right of the new high speed.  Loveland is nice though and should be quiet on a weekday. I’ve been there on a weekend and was like 3rd or 4th row in the lot at 830am

Looking forward to it, I intend to ski as much of the mountain as I can... looks like there are easy ways down from every lift.

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ve been to the Mint before..how much was the steak?  I sat at the bar and had them make the steak for me.  I’m not paying $30 for a steak to cook it myself. Now if it was Fondue would be a different story..I like to call it Fundue

The steak was excellent, though I was annoyed (just at first) that I had to cook it myself, since I was planning on sitting down and doing nothing but eating. I also had a salad bar and 5 or 6 pieces of toast. The total was only $18 + the tip for them bringing my ice water.

Edited by saltyant
Ensured to use the multi quote.

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My RTMs were nearby. I hate pole planting/skating so I frequently took them off throughout the day on flat and uphill sections.

Are you kidding. Salty we’ll have to go to the fun rink sometime and I’ll show you how to skate.  You can buy me cheesy nachos and an RC Kola

• Like 1
  • Confused 1