2019 saltyant Trip Stoke Thread

saltyant

Woke up with a sore throat and feeling like a cold is coming on. Mother Fudger! Took 2 Zicam and drank a ton of fluids. Hopefully it's nothing but got a bad feeling. If it develops I'll be taking lots of ibuprofen and Sudafed but doing anything physical with fatigue is the worst.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Woke up with a sore throat and feeling like a cold is coming on. Mother Fudger! Took 2 Zicam and drank a ton of fluids. Hopefully it's nothing but got a bad feeling. If it develops I'll be taking lots of ibuprofen and Sudafed but doing anything physical with fatigue is the worst.

Salty you might just be dehydrated...harden the fuck up.  It’s a cold not malaria. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Ok. Dont worry I'm getting after it! Did Atomic find any alternate flights? There should be a lot of options in New York.

Actually at this point nobody from Newark would be able to get into JAC today.  Flying Newark to Denver at like 4pm tight connection then Denver to Jackson arrive Jackson around 840. 

31 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Just did a lot of runs in gaper territory. Did an advanced intermediate which wasnt hard. Time to up the ante, but no bump runs for me! Not now, not ever.

I'm probably the last person to take advice from but you shouldn't limit yourself!  You'll gradually get used to all kinds of conditions as you improve.  You don't have to risk life and limb to make progression.  Easy bumps, a little bit of powder, next time something a little steeper.  Variety is the spice of life!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There are plenty of runs on the Mary Jane side my friends and I call “non committal bumps.”  One side bumped up and anytime you want to bail just move over to other side of trail that is non bumped. I have been forcing myself to try them more and more this season. I still suck at them, but am no longer scared of them. Give it a try. 

Edited by Barb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1