3/2/19...new snow..wooooo

18 minutes ago, tnt said:

Got there around 9.  Everything was nice and soft.  Got a little cream-cheese heavy after about 11, but whatever.

New skis are great - Blizzard Rustler 9s.  Only concern is, maybe should have gotten the 188 instead of the 180s.  Oh well.  They were snappy and fun.  Today wasn't a real test for them tough - it was too nice!

Had to get home early so left around 12:30  looked for you guys in the lot to finally meet, but the only people tailgating that I saw were parents BBQing for the race team.  Someday...

We were out of the lot by noon because we all were hungry for BMDI. I was on 193s today. I would have preferred 203s

Newburgh Rd just west of 191. Asked the kids if they wanted the Blue Mt Pizza or the Newburgh Deli Cheese Steak and they opted for the latter - our third time stopping there on our way home (only Sat, they are closed Sun).

Kids are currently weighing our 7 ski pass options for next year as well, though no final decision will be made til Peak Pass pricing comes out on Wed. They may put some largely symbolic skin in game if they want one of the priciest options. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Newburgh Rd just west of 191. Asked the kids if they wanted the Blue Mt Pizza or the Newburgh Deli Cheese Steak and they opted for the latter - our third time stopping there on our way home (only Sat, they are closed Sun).

Kids are currently weighing our 7 ski pass options for next year as well, though no final decision will be made til Peak Pass pricing comes out on Wed. They may put some largely symbolic skin in game if they want one of the priciest options. 

Do they usually agree on things?  

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do they usually agree on things?  

About 50/50. At present one is leaning more towards the Ikon route and lots of weekend and longer trips to VT and CO, and the other is concerned that this means less grandparent time. Wont go that route unless they are both fully up for it. A compromise could be doing Ikon base pass for a smaller number of weekend trips and then also do some local skiing. But again only if both are fully up for it. I dont need to be springing for gas/planes/lodging for big ski trips and reducing grandparent time if both are not fully on board with it. 

They are both very pleased they are being consulted and helping to make the decision. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

About 50/50. At present one is leaning more towards the Ikon route and lots of weekend and longer trips to VT and CO, and the other is concerned that this means less grandparent time. Wont go that route unless they are both fully up for it. A compromise could be doing Ikon base pass for a smaller number of weekend trips and then also do some local skiing. But again only if both are fully up for it. I dont need to be springing for gas/planes/lodging for big ski trips and reducing grandparent time if both are not fully on board with it. 

They are both very pleased they are being consulted and helping to make the decision. 

That’s nice..one thing they probably don’t argue on is who the worlds greatest dad is...that is obviously Nastar Glenn

• Confused 1

Got there around 9.  Everything was nice and soft.  Got a little cream-cheese heavy after about 11, but whatever.

New skis are great - Blizzard Rustler 9s.  Only concern is, maybe should have gotten the 188 instead of the 180s.  Oh well.  They were snappy and fun.  Today wasn't a real test for them tough - it was too nice!

Had to get home early so left around 12:30  looked for you guys in the lot to finally meet, but the only people tailgating that I saw were parents BBQing for the race team.  Someday...

Got the 9s earlier this year and love them but wish I had picked up the 188s also. Have a pair of brahmas also but keep going back to the rustlers.

Took a buddy to blue yesterday and conditions were good. I was planning on heading back up with my oldest daughter this morning but when I got home last night she had gone to a friends for a sleepover and my wife had a long honey do list for me. Sounds like I missed a good day!

47 minutes ago, mikes781 said:

Got the 9s earlier this year and love them but wish I had picked up the 188s also. Have a pair of brahmas also but keep going back to the rustlers.

Took a buddy to blue yesterday and conditions were good. I was planning on heading back up with my oldest daughter this morning but when I got home last night she had gone to a friends for a sleepover and my wife had a long honey do list for me. Sounds like I missed a good day!

hmmm.... what is your weight and height?  Im 6'1 185.  thinking about trying to swap these for 188s..

hmmm.... what is your weight and height?  Im 6'1 185.  thinking about trying to swap these for 188s..

6’2” 250... Clydesdale [emoji3]I’m only solid intermediate though and not really pushing them yet. I’m sticking with them for now and if anything might look for more narrow waist carving ski to compliment them.

I noticed yesterday that the ski racks outside of the lodge disappeared. Guess I get to bring my sticks into the bathroom again. 

Felt good to make some turns again. I’m got a bit winded after a few runs and my legs felt a little soft.   Did 10 runs in two hours so not bad for a Saturday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I noticed yesterday that the ski racks outside of the lodge disappeared. Guess I get to bring my sticks into the bathroom again. 

Felt good to make some turns again. I’m got a bit winded after a few runs and my legs felt a little soft.   Did 10 runs in two hours so not bad for a Saturday. 

I’ve been bringing my skis in the bathroom.  I asked on blues Facebook page if they can return them.   Root good that you’re back out there.  A lot of season left. 

Does blue still have ski check.  I actually saw this post on the Allentown issues page. 

At the upper lodge they do but I’m not sure if it is always open. I don’t recall seeing anyone there on Friday. I lock my skis up on the racks but it doesn’t seem like many people do.

They do have a camera that overlooks the racks at the upper lodge. Would be nice if it also recorded the picture, and not just be a webcam.

Also these are short Elans. Hard to believe that someone would risk it for skis this inexpensive. Must've really been a mixup.

Edited by eaf

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

This is really sad. I bring my skis inside with me. I don’t think ski check had been open at all in lower lot this year. I do have a lock, guess I should use.

Ski check in the lower lot was open Saturday.  I don't think it was in the upper.

This is most certainly a mix up.  Who would want to steal little skis like that?  Also, the post said a similar set was left in the spot these were taken.

This happened to us at Mad River Glen last year.  My wife moved her skis to the road side rack, and by the time I brought the car around, they were gone.  We reported them missing to the ski shop and the guy there said "They weren't stolen.  No one steals here."  And sure enough, we got a call that night - someone had scooped them up by accident.  They were returned first thing in teh morning...

Not to say theft doesn't happen. 

• Like 1