3/2/19...new snow..wooooo

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I left about 15 minutes early and there was a solid 3” of heavy new snow on my car.  I arrived at the lower lot at 718am and in the house were Atomic Jeff, Salty, ZZSlope, Johnny Law, MBike Mike, JFDan, PARidge Root, Enjorales, Enjorales Dad, Schifdawg, GahSkier George, Joan and many more. 

As was dilly dallying around 7:38am I saw JackFrostDan with skis over his shoulder along with law and I was like wow this is real today and it was really real from first chair until 930am. Untracked on challenge for my first run others did Razors which according to Atomic Jeff was way better..then I did Razors and yeah titties deep on a Dachshund..Razorback was especially nice and floaty as was the falls.  

I had about 8th tracks down Switchback at 820am and it was so good I know Salty had Virgin tracks down it for his first run.  Took the Burma chair up to widowmaker which was titties deep on a Pomeranian..woo so good so good so good sweet Caroline was a fucking slut..the boys went to vista lift I went back to the six pack...then over to X-ing so deep..

I had some guy ask if I was on water skis today..yeah Eaf not a day for your ladies slalom skis.  Not many gapers out except there was a Ski2Live sighting on widowmaker.  I did the Burma chair again and tracked out widowmaker further then sidewinder which was nice despite the Root rollers and ended on Switchback which was spicy 3D snow.  

After some time in the lot, me, Salty, JLaw, Enjorales and dad went to the BMDI..thanks JLaw for paying the tab and others for contributing to the tip..

For a day where it seemed like most of the PASRs are on ski trips there was a nice turnout and tomorrow is sausage Sunday and I can play Dr. Phil with Matt Edge..JADIP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just leaving now. Had a great day🙂. Got on the snow around 830. Was ready to throw in the towel after 4 runs. Just couldn’t get it together. Goggles kept steaming up, I was clumsy. Around 930 decided to take a layer off and have a beer.  What a difference!  Had a great rest of day. They opened Razors and NMDW got to ski lots of bumpy stuff. Leaving now, glad I stayed. 👍👍 kinda day. 

• Like 4

Today was awesome. First run was worth the entire pass. Killer snow. I was on my snowboard all day and spent a lot of time noodling around on the edges of trails and even dipped into the glade at the top of lazy which was surprisingly fun. I demoed a board and despite the fact that I didn't love it, I had fun on it and even took it on the Root under the six pack which was oddly skiable and really fun. 

One of the funniest things I saw all day though was a very little kid in the woods to the right of the six pack coming down a brown twig covered bike trail and yelling back to the older kid behind him, "This was a really bad idea!!!"

Sorry I missed the BMDI but I had to run. Killer day though 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sure and I also thought it was a really good report.  Did you enjoy the fresh sausage I shared with you?

I typed that right before my haircut so I know it was less than 13 minutes. Military style crew cut, very efficient.

Yes i enjoyed your sausage a lot, thanks for sharing! That first run down Sidewinder was epic. If I get even one run like that a year in the Poconos I'm thrilled. Next run I did was Lazy which appeared to have a layer but turns out it was groomed, but it was a nice smooth carpet of cord and was almost just as good as Sidewinder. 

The first run was worth the price of admission.  

Yes sir. Lots of wooooo hooooo's going on that first run. Was expecting soft cord but instead got a few inches untouched in Razors. Just great skiing today. Spent more time on Widowmaker and X-ing than I have in my entire life because a few locals that I know knew that's where the goods were; so I followed.

Only bummer was NMDW being closed again. Otherwise a great day!

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I typed that right before my haircut so I know it was less than 13 minutes. Military style crew cut, very efficient.

Yes i enjoyed your sausage a lot, thanks for sharing! That first run down Sidewinder was epic. If I get even one run like that a year in the Poconos I'm thrilled. Next run I did was Lazy which appeared to have a layer but turns out it was groomed, but it was a nice smooth carpet of cord and was almost just as good as Sidewinder. 

I thought you were paying Homage to the late Peter Tork from the Monkees with your mop top..ok for you train lovers. 

872E89D4-22F4-4410-8657-51876D8E2BDB.jpeg

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yes sir. Lots of wooooo hooooo's going on that first run. Was expecting soft cord but instead got a few inches untouched in Razors. Just great skiing today. Spent more time on Widowmaker and X-ing than I have in my entire life because a few locals that I know knew that's where the goods were; so I followed.

Only bummer was NMDW being closed again. Otherwise a great day!

I wasn’t happy with NMDW being closed let’s hope the boardercross program is over soon 

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Also hit snowtubing today. The family tube was painfully slow. The single was better, but after one run in each the girls were done and pretty much over tubing now, realizing how much more fun skiing is.

Tubing is fun when drunk. You three should try that next time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Got there around 9.  Everything was nice and soft.  Got a little cream-cheese heavy after about 11, but whatever.

New skis are great - Blizzard Rustler 9s.  Only concern is, maybe should have gotten the 188 instead of the 180s.  Oh well.  They were snappy and fun.  Today wasn't a real test for them tough - it was too nice!

Had to get home early so left around 12:30  looked for you guys in the lot to finally meet, but the only people tailgating that I saw were parents BBQing for the race team.  Someday...

• Like 2