November 7th day two.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

On a side note... New Burma chairs, huh... New groomer, old news... New huge round tables in the lodge... I hold my fingers crossed for a new trail as well. If there is some time when it can happen, it has to be this season.

It was nice seeing snowmaking going on in the distance over the Lazy Mile. I even thought that the next weekend might be a top-to-bottom weekend. But alas, the forecast really looks iffy.

34 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Thank god eaf is back to posting so we can all wonder what the fuck he is talking about again. 

I'm all apologetic for the lack of your unique sense of likable brevity.

Ok?

---

Man, this is getting old... Btw, is the forum getting old too? Why weren't there any fireworks in the last week's "Advise on what skis I should buy" thread??

Edited by eaf
  • Sad 1

Boot bag by the door?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropped my skis / boots off for a tune & boot binding check after I left yesterday. Got there tonight a little after 7. Assumed the ski shop was open. They weren't. Didn't think to call or bring my backup boots skis so I ended up watching the end of the eagles / Pats game and drove home.

1 hour ago, eaf said:

On a side note... New Burma chairs, huh... New groomer, old news... New huge round tables in the lodge... I hold my fingers crossed for a new trail as well. If there is some time when it can happen, it has to be this season.

It was nice seeing snowmaking going on in the distance over the Lazy Mile. I even thought that the next weekend might be a top-to-bottom weekend. But alas, the forecast really looks iffy.

They aren’t gonna have the six pack open next weekend even if the weather was cold all week...too much staffing required to open the lower lodge and six pack. 

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Dropped my skis / boots off for a tune & boot binding check after I left yesterday. Got there tonight a little after 7. Assumed the ski shop was open. They weren't. Didn't think to call or bring my backup boots skis so I ended up watching the end of the eagles / Pats game and drove home.

Ah that is a bummer. At least you got to watch the Pats win. 

2 hours ago, eaf said:

Salty, you don't just grow up, you shoot like a rocket. If I were to just plot or mark your height over the last few years, it would be through the roof by now. Seems like only yesterday people were asking you: "why are you always so confused, Salty?", and look at you now! You used to spend whole day on CB, not w/o some reasonable amount of complaints about the hardship of having to use your poles, didn't drink, and were confused by the avalanche of advice on how to hand-flex your RTMs, and now look, all of that crap is long sorted out, and like a pro you get confused by why would someone want to ski for more than 90 min when there is beer and chips waiting in the parking lot.

@GrilledSteezeSandwich Did you see this? Definitely a top 10 eaf quote for me, maybe even top 8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, saltyant said:

Pretty good report, except that you forgot to mention Toast. Today was pretty legit, especially with all those guns cranking on Tuts Lane. I'm not a fan of Midway in general, but like you said the first few runs on it were great! Vista was in the best shape, and I saw you gapers on the chair lift when I was ripping down Come Around or whatever the terrain park is called these days. Good parking lot Yoo Hoos, today was solid.

Salty the duct tape on your jacket makes you look badass.  At least you don’t have a hole in your butt like Mute

• Thanks 1