Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Keep in mind, you said people who get businesses handed to them from their families work harder than Mexican landscapers, which is bullshit and racist.

hah.  provide me a link

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Also, your man told me point blank to my face that mommy and daddy bought you that motorcycle. 

It's baseless claims like these are the reasons why some take issue with your posts.  You can't just spout nonsense that isn't rooted in the truth.  If you're going to make claims, provide reputable sources.  Don't confuse my desire to get you to provide facts to back up your claims with "politicizing it".  I guess using facts has become a political issue, because it's rarely done anymore.  My political leanings are all over the place, from far left on some issues to far right on others, so please don't think I'm taking sides.  

That wasn't a personal attack.  I just find your internet "I'm so poor" act to be comical.  You hold the #1 spot on PASR for most number of mountains visited.  You're doing just fine.  Also, consider yourself lucky.  My parents haven't paid for a single airplane ticket or hotel room since I graduated college.

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Where are you finding this data? Not trying to be a smart ass btw, I'm legitimately curious as to data sources and I bet your answer won't make me search through an infuriating folder for a premade SQL query because our systems are too annoying for me to write one from scratch. 

You'll never be able to find data that says "I moved out of the city for X reasons" but you can surely find the surges of home purchases, rentals, etc, that coincide with various milestones in the last 6 months.

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

You'll never be able to find data that says "I moved out of the city for X reasons" but you can surely find the surges of home purchases, rentals, etc, that coincide with various milestones in the last 6 months.

You can also find a surge in the city though. Three houses on my block sold within the past 2 months. 

**Anecdote Alert****

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Where are you finding this data? Not trying to be a smart ass btw, I'm legitimately curious as to data sources and I bet your answer won't make me search through an infuriating folder for a premade SQL query because our systems are too annoying for me to write one from scratch. 

maybe this one. 

drop table like '%' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AtomicSkier said:

You're going to find surges everywhere right now with insanely low interest rates.  The market is insanely hot right now.

Overly hot. The bubble has to burst soon. There is no way in hell an old rowhome on my street in Philly is worth $275k but that's what one just sold for. 

16 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

hah.  provide me a link

It's baseless claims like these are the reasons why some take issue with your posts.  You can't just spout nonsense that isn't rooted in the truth.  If you're going to make claims, provide reputable sources.  Don't confuse my desire to get you to provide facts to back up your claims with "politicizing it".  I guess using facts has become a political issue, because it's rarely done anymore.  My political leanings are all over the place, from far left on some issues to far right on others, so please don't think I'm taking sides.  

That wasn't a personal attack.  I just find your internet "I'm so poor" act to be comical.  You hold the #1 spot on PASR for most number of mountains visited.  You're doing just fine.  Also, consider yourself lucky.  My parents haven't paid for a single airplane ticket or hotel room since I graduated college.

Thank you.  This is what I wanted all along, rational and mature debate.  I should have been more clear when I referred to personal attacks.  I was more annoyed you brought up my family, as it isn’t their fault I’m a jackass.  Everyone here knows I’m a loser, but my parents are not at fault for that or my immature behavior.  While I’m flattered my list of mountains visited is near the top, J-law has got to have more mountains than me.  While I probably take the poor act a little too far as I have a roof over my head, food on the table, and participate in 2 expensive winter hobbies.  That being said, i have been told by 2 different posters that another poster makes fun of my income fairly regularly (nobody in this thread).  No big deal as you are correct that I’m doing alright, but I’m aware of talk behind my back 

2 hours ago, Schif said:

I'm fleeing the crumbling and corrupt city of Philadelphia for the safety and security of Wayne. 

It should be noted that this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my lease ended and the suburbs are much closer to work and school. I made the decision based exclusively on the fact that the Mayor was caught eating indoors when he banned indoor eating in the city. 

Wayne is a nice place.  Its close to MALVERN.  

2 hours ago, Schif said:

I'm fleeing the crumbling and corrupt city of Philadelphia for the safety and security of Wayne. 

Not sure if they are allowing eat-in or what right now, but Teresa's Next Door on North Wayne Ave. is my favorite beer bar of all time.  My wife and I celebrate every birthday there sitting at the bar.  No TV's just talk with people like in the old days and put that fucking phone away!  The bartenders are ridiculous with their knowledge of beer, whiskey and biodynamic wines.  You gotta try it if you haven't been there  before.  I have a feeling you will like it too.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

See, I appreciate your thoughts on this because you are being open minded to different view points.  People def move for a whole bunch of reasons. My problem is numerous people in real estate have told me they are busy as shit right now as people flee cities (for numerous reasons) .  When I pointed this out, a few certain wealthy people with advanced degrees said I was lying

The town I live in is seeing a huge real estate spike.  We're popular for NYC folk because we are on the train line and are a nice town.

I have many friends in real estate and they have told me the number one reason people are moving out of the city is because their companies have told them working from home will be a major part of the future, no matter what happens with Covid.  

Now, you can't draw any conclusions from this anecdote because my town is fairly affluent.  The people moving here most likely live in the affluent sections of NYC, where violence isn't really an issue.

I will add another anecdote - a close friend who live sin Brooklyn had no idea at all what his mother was talking about when she feverishly asked him if he was safe from all the riots.  He wasn't aware there were any.

13 minutes ago, tnt said:

The town I live in is seeing a huge real estate spike.  We're popular for NYC folk because we are on the train line and are a nice town.

I have many friends in real estate and they have told me the number one reason people are moving out of the city is because their companies have told them working from home will be a major part of the future, no matter what happens with Covid.  

Now, you can't draw any conclusions from this anecdote because my town is fairly affluent.  The people moving here most likely live in the affluent sections of NYC, where violence isn't really an issue.

I will add another anecdote - a close friend who live sin Brooklyn had no idea at all what his mother was talking about when she feverishly asked him if he was safe from all the riots.  He wasn't aware there were any.

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I will never personally figure out why people want to live in cities for this reason.  My Aunt lives in New York.  Cant remember the last time i went there to see her.  Hate it.  cant park the car where she lives......all the obstacles like carrying groceries or packages from where you park to where you live.  No thanks.  I get it, some think its awesome, its just not for me.  

I will tell you that real estate in the Poconos is moving like Hot Cakes at Toasts house on a Sunday Morning.  Moving way faster and for more money than ever before.  Why?  Everyone can draw their own conclusion, but you touched on the reason.   

Reminds me of Green Acres. A lot of the things people love about big cities has been eroded during the pandemic.  Shopping, restaurants, nightlife, entertainment...the glitz and the glamour have been replaced by expensive takeout and peaceful protests..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

Not sure if they are allowing eat-in or what right now, but Teresa's Next Door on North Wayne Ave. is my favorite beer bar of all time.  My wife and I celebrate every birthday there sitting at the bar.  No TV's just talk with people like in the old days and put that fucking phone away!  The bartenders are ridiculous with their knowledge of beer, whiskey and biodynamic wines.  You gotta try it if you haven't been there  before.  I have a feeling you will like it too.  

The next month or so is pretty booked up for me, but maybe one of these days I'll hit you up and head over to this place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I appreciate this post and you keeping it respectful.  I agree that Covid is a big reason people are moving, but the crime and violence is also a big reason.  People here think I’m making this stuff up, but my source is a close friend In real estate who is a first generation American who has lived in Brooklyn his entire life, grew up with 0 English spoken in the home, and is a registered Democrat (in case anyone wants to say I’m being biased)

as far as Brooklyn goes, its the 4th biggest city in America with some of nyc’s most expensive and most violent neighborhoods.  Thus, parK slope, Brooklyn heights, most of south Brooklyn have been fine.  But as someone who pre-Covid was going to Brooklyn numerous times per year, I know for a fact that flatbush (my old neighborhood), East Flatbush, crown heights, Bed stuy, Brownsville and of course East New York are all hot as shit right now.  The city claims 75% of all shootings in the five boroughs can be traced back to Brooklyn.  Hell, they cancelled J’Overt this year but people still came out in the middle of the night and numerous blocks still got shot up, including a 6 year old getting shot by a 15 year old

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Lol at walking around Manhattan.  Let’s see him go to south Bronx or north Brooklyn.  Also, I trust the info I’m getting from people who spent literally their entire lives in Brooklyn, not some hipster walking around trendy neighborhoods 

Edited by theprogram4

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Lol at walking around Manhattan.  Let’s see him go to south Bronx or north Brooklyn.  Also, I trust the info I’m getting from people who spent literally their entire lives in Brooklyn, not some hipster walking around trendy neighborhoods 

It’s a joke, dude. 

8 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

You’d like this TP4 as a Bronx afficianado.