Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

11 minutes ago, Schif said:

It's only recycling if there is a market for it. Unfortunately in certain situations the recyclables get tossed in a landfill because it's either much more expensive to recycle it or there is no recycling capacity at the time. 

I met a guy who worked for one of the big trash firms and I was shocked to learn that. 

That's been the case in philly for a while. Different parts of the city has true recycling; other parts it just ends up in a landfill, and you had no control over that, which sucks. They moved recycling pickup to every two weeks for us now. Our alley is getting pretty filled up in between pickups these days.

4 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Speaking of which, here are today’s numbers (albeit Monday #’s). Good trends but means squat without universal testing

do you think (or have they already done this) they will do some sort of broad testing on everyone, regardless of symptoms? for example, go into a supermarket or something at random (or perhaps when people vote) and take samples of each person to see how widespread it may be to get an idea of how many are asymptomatic?

i know that test kits were in short supply earlier, so i dont know if that would have prevented it. not sure if that has been sorted out or not. 

4 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

That's been the case in philly for a while. Different parts of the city has true recycling; other parts it just ends up in a landfill, and you had no control over that, which sucks. They moved recycling pickup to every two weeks for us now. Our alley is getting pretty filled up in between pickups these days.

Thankfully I don't really generate much garbage or recycling. I think this week is my recycling week. 

1 hour ago, RootDKJ said:

Yeah, same here. I keep wondering how “everyday” things go back to normal again. Like Trick-or-treating?  I get that it’s a great opportunity to wear a mask, but seems like a good way to spread the rona around all at the same time. 

If kids aren’t back in school at Halloween I don’t see much trick or treating. I am starting to miss going to the bar..in the beginning I kind of liked the break. That prob won’t open till July. 

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

do you think (or have they already done this) they will do some sort of broad testing on everyone, regardless of symptoms? for example, go into a supermarket or something at random (or perhaps when people vote) and take samples of each person to see how widespread it may be to get an idea of how many are asymptomatic?

i know that test kits were in short supply earlier, so i dont know if that would have prevented it. not sure if that has been sorted out or not. 

There will never be testing like that, and testing is still incredibly limited. There still are not enough tests.

Edit: I realize you weren't asking me but I answered anyway. Carry on.

Edited by toast21602
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Speaking of which, here are today’s numbers (albeit Monday #’s). Good trends but means squat without universal testing
0dcef8cda5f3d1b41bae15f78d4030d1.jpg
1d21919d8e27571694351eb7ca6389b5.jpg

Do you think people should be tested weekly??  The people in the White House are tested daily. I wonder how fast they get the results. 

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

I think the most strict protocols are behind us.  The thing is by the time this is over they’ll need billions of tests and some that had the Virus get it a second time at least according to an article in the Wuhan times. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I am starting to miss going to the bar..in the beginning I kind of liked the break.

the idea of forced isolation, not having to feel obligated to go to events or places i really don't want to go to, the complete social acceptance of drinking at any hour of any day and still being able to work is a dream come true. i don't care how long it goes on.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

I am getting a lot more calls at work,”Are you open”...I just mail people info, answer their questions and when they’re ready to buy send them a contract and they send back a check or pay with credit card over the phone.   I wonder if I’ll be comfortable meeting with customers June 4 when the stay at home ends.  Right now I don’t think so and have to be closer than 6 feet to show different things. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, Benm said:

the idea of forced isolation, not having to feel obligated to go to events or places i really don't want to go to, the complete social acceptance of drinking at any hour of any day and still being able to work is a dream come true. i don't care how long it goes on.

I’ve been wearing the same shirt two days in a row. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Benm said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who likes to get drunk in the morning. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Home Depot lone south side Allentown 

I usually stock up on their pre memorial day mulch/topsoil sales, comes out to about equal to bulk. Probably will need to buy bulk this year instead. Not happy about it but nothing can be done. 

Murphy will give detailed testing plan tomorrow. But will essentially be contact tracing. An ideal and nationally prepared response would be this (I think...). Also see how it jives with what JF Dans posted above. That’s what he (and me too) wants. What we get, we shall see.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/paul-romer-on-how-to-survive-the-chaos-of-the-coronavirus/amp

4 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Yeah, same here. I keep wondering how “everyday” things go back to normal again. Like Trick-or-treating?  I get that it’s a great opportunity to wear a mask, but seems like a good way to spread the rona around all at the same time. 

Others have mentioned it, but i am really starting to think what skiing might look like for this upcoming season. I guess 2 people might have good distance on the six, but imagine the line?  Gonna be interesting for sure. 

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Others have mentioned it, but i am really starting to think what skiing might look like for this upcoming season. I guess 2 people might have good distance on the six, but imagine the line?  Gonna be interesting for sure. 

So are you saying we can't fit 7 again? 😀

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

So are you saying we can't fit 7 again? 😀

My plan was to pay all you fuckers back at the end of season party, but that didnt work out so well. 
just keep reminding me about it, ok?  Dont let me forget. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

If things got really bad, I wouldn't put it past them to install plexiglass or something in thirds on the sixer to fit 3 isolated. Or even 5 pieces to fit six. Maybe leaving half of the chairs without any separation for 2 or less. 

If things got really bad, I wouldn't put it past them to install plexiglass or something in thirds on the sixer to fit 3 isolated. Or even 5 pieces to fit six. Maybe leaving half of the chairs without any separation for 2 or less. 

But then everyone in the line would be fuk’ed because we all know how that goes.

Interesting, I’d never though Bo would be an essential worker but there ya go
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, tarponhead said:

But then everyone in the line would be fuk’ed because we all know how that goes.

True, I'd rather ski than not ski tho. Maybe open up an hour early for season pass holders? I don't know. 

Hopefully we can all do our part and we won't have to worry about any of it. 

• Like 2