Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m liking where this report is going.  WTGAI Nancy

for the rest of December, the reservations may be last minute since they’re all full right now. may do some touring adventures with friends or just uphill at resorts to get a workout in.

January will be Utah. For February, I’m looking at Big Sky but we’ll see. 

• Like 1

Nice report Skiinancy...I’ve had some grate bluebird and pow days at Abasin. As much as I like lingering around enjoying a nice continental breakfast, I get to the basin early to get in the early riser lot..4th row is baller status..can ski right back to your car..thanks for posting these timely reports!!

I see the new Pali lift is open...that’s where this April Perder is from. 

37D9F2F2-1789-4215-B6B2-9BCCB6DA896E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1

Looking like a glitch in Whiteface tickets right now. But if you're interested in skiing WF you may want to hop on it. They're only selling midweek tickets but currently most dates on the calendar are 60 bucks if you select single day lift ticket. When you check out that price sticks too... If you select multi day however it shows $108 per day. Frequent skier card tix are 58 bucks (although if the 60 ticket price is right it should be 30 bucks). Gonna call and see whats up before i grab tix. Looking at March 1st and 2nd..probably Feb 28th too if they open Sundays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Looking like a glitch in Whiteface tickets right now. But if you're interested in skiing WF you may want to hop on it. They're only selling midweek tickets but currently most dates on the calendar are 60 bucks if you select single day lift ticket.

I actually saw that too last night and thought, wuao Whiteface is cheaper than True Blue!

I just got off the phone with them.... they said if $60 is what you're seeing then $60 is what it is. Strange because if you select a multi day option the rate goes to $108 per day. The frequent skier card rate at $58 is apparently accurate as well (not $30) as there is a separate inventory for FSC holders and it's supposedly priced based on the normal day ticket rate. Bottom line...60 bucks for whiteface in March is a steal as all or most terrain is usually in play then. Barring anything crazy March 1st and 2nd are likely a go for me. May look to do Gore on Sunday the 28th on the way up...if they open tix up for weekends. If not maybe west mountain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was considering WF for Jan 11 to 13 but weather.gov 8-14 day forecast has bright red over all of the northeast. Funk that. I want a winter wonderland, not 60 degrees and melty mushy snow. Looks like I'll try again in February. I have no luck planning Northeast trips anymore.

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 1

I was considering WF for Jan 11 to 13 but weather.gov 8-14 day forecast has bright red over all of the northeast. Funk that. I want a winter wonderland, not 60 degrees and melty mushy snow. Looks like I'll try again in February. I have no luck planning Northeast trips anymore.

Saltman if you want to ski WF in all its glory typically later in the season is better. Chances of lookout below, cloudspin, empire, glades and even maybe the slides are greater later in the year with accumulated snowfall.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Saltman if you want to ski WF in all its glory typically later in the season is better. Chances of lookout below, cloudspin, empire, glades and even maybe the slides are greater later in the year with accumulated snowfall.

Thanks. Since my work is pretty flexible I'll try again in February.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@Ski2Live Live2Skias the unofficial stats manager, I see you’ve changed your days at Stowe and Okemo to Hunter...that’s not cool..how fucking paranoid are you.   I don’t take many things seriously but lying in the stats manager is so messed up.  

Wow great work. I'm impressed. Maybe soon you'll get promoted to Senior Unofficial Stats Manager.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Worse than that..I haven’t seen such egregious behavior in the stats manager since a former poster would put his ski days in ahead of time.  Like if he planned on skiing this weekend on Saturday and Sunday he’d input those day on Wednesday...

4B8D5CE9-9E3D-4188-801A-654AAF5BA2BD.jpeg

• Thanks 1